This Global Medical Electronics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Medical Electronics market.
Medical electronics is a branch of electronics that deals with design, implementation and use of electrical devices and equipment for medical purposes such as research, examination, diagnosis, treatment, assistance and care. Medical electronics utilizes field disciplines of both electronics and biomedical.Portable biomedical electronic devices are essential to movemedical products from the hospital atmosphere to home, and to move medical examination from the laboratoryand offer one-touch access to users. These devices offer secure access and enable both patients and doctors to stay in touch with each other remotely.
Conventional medical devices have evolved over time, which is obvious with the advent of handheld smart phone-sized ultrasound systems, digital stethoscopes and digital X-ray systems.Small-sized medical devices are available for monitoring blood sugar levels, insulin, blood pressure and blood coagulation levels at home, and can send periodical reports to a doctor in a connected environment. Even consumer devices such as toothbrusheshave become modernized enough to send periodic information to dentists in a similar connected environment.The potential benefits associated with this technology includes improved quality of healthcare, increased output accuracy, remote health data availability,precise billing mechanism, easy to update patient electronic records and increase in level of patient experience. On other hand, there are some negative aspects such as decrease in productivity of medical professionals, lack of standard terminologies, significant learning difficulties and issues related to violation of patient data security.
Increase in income levels,higher standard of living, rising health awareness rise in aging population in developed countries and development in health facilities in developing countries are key factors driving the rapid growth of the medical electronics market. High availability of electronic components such as microcontrollers, memory devices, display technologies etc., has contributed majorlyto the development of biomedical devices and equipment.The acceptance of electronic medical devices is difficult for the users as well as the doctors due to its high prices.
The global medical electronics market is segmented on the basis of type, components, application and geography. Medical electronic device types vary depending on size, from handheld devices to heavy base devices, wearable gadgets to wireless connected devices, and from RFID-based health tracking device to RADAR technology-based ultrasound machines.On the basis of components, the market is segmented into sensor, battery, display, processors and memory. On the basis of application,the market is segmented into imaging, health monitoring, digital assistance, digital diagnostic, medical therapy, fitness and wellness and healthcare. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Japan, Western Europe, EasternEurope and the Middle East & Africa.
The advancements in medical electronics include dynamic power path management, remote patient tracking, integrated analog front ends and tissue analysis of cancer cells. Some of the innovative products still in the developmental stage, which are to be introduced in the future, includeneedle-free diabetic care, robotic checkups andtouchscreen systems for treatment rooms.The opportunity for handheld wireless monitoring devicesis high.
Siemens AG,Analog Devices, Angiotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Canada), GE Healthcare (U.K.), Maxim Integrated (U.S.), Texas Instruments Incorporated (U.S.), Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc.,ON Semiconductor Corporation (U.S.), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. (U.S.), Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, GE,and Biotronik GMBH & CO.KG. (Germany) are some of top players in the medical electronics market. The key strategies adopted by most of these players to maintain and enhance market sharesinclude mergers& acquisition, joint ventures, product launches and product enhancement. The medical electronics market is expected to grow along with technological innovations and focus more on accuracy, cost effectiveness and technological platform portability with other medical equipment. With the rise in data security threats and legal claims from patients, more technologically safe and data secured devices need to be deployed in the market to meet the medical infrastructural needs of society.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with suitable sets of assumptions and methodology. The report provides analysis and information by categories such as market components, geographies, types and applications. The report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Medical Electronics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Medical Electronics Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Medical Electronics Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Medical Electronics Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Medical Electronics Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Medical Electronics Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.