This Global Soy Food Products market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Soy Food Products market.
Soy products are made out of soybean. They are a substitute for milk and milk products such as cheese, flavoured milk, yoghurts and spreads among others. Soy products also act as a substitute for meat products, and are best suited for vegan diets. Soybeans are rich in protein content and provide amino acids that are essential for the body. Soy contains two types of fatty acids namely omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Soybean was first cultivated in China from where it spread to other parts of Asia. Soybeans are used to prepare a variety of food products such as soymilk, soy flour, tofu, tamari, tempeh and others. Soymilk is prepared after soaking soybeans in water. Tofu is a cheese-like food made after curdling the soymilk and is an excellent substitute for cheese for lactose intolerant people. Tamari or soy sauce is made by fermenting soybeans and is used as flavouring agent.
Soy has a number of health benefits such as increasing bone density. It can also reduce the risk of heart failure as it reduces the cholesterol level in the blood. Soy is a good source of vitamins like B6 and B12 are essential for increasing the hair growth as they nourish the hair follicles. It also provides minerals like zinc and iron. Soy contains certain chemicals called as isoflavones which reduce the risk of breast cancer in women. However, individuals with kidney stones containing oxalates should avoid consuming soy foods as they are a rich source of oxalates. Processed soy food have added sugar that increases calorie levels in the body and increases the chance of heart failure. Soy protein is used in various products like baked goods, pasta, cereals, and meat and meat products.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
A major driver of the soy market is the increased health awareness among individuals as soy has relatively less calories and various health benefits. Another important driver is increased lactose intolerance among the individuals which causes them to consume soy products instead of milk and milk products. The majority of lactose intolerant individuals are found in Asia, Europe, Africa, and US. Several flavours that are added to soy products increase their appeal and demand among the consumers. Another driver for soy is its price: the prices of soy products are considerably lower than that of milk products. This attracts more customers towards the products. One of the major restraints of the soy market is the absence of calcium. Soy products have artificial calcium added to them which is of comparatively less nutrient value.
The soybean market is segmented on the basis of types, geographies, technology, and applications. On the basis of type, the soybean market is segmented into protein isolates which contain 90% protein, soy protein concentrates which contain 70% protein content, and soy flour which contains 50% protein content. On the basis of applications, the market is segmented into bakery and confectionary, meat products, functional foods, dairy products, and infant foods. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Western Europe, Asia Pacific and the rest of the World.
In the US, the soy products market including soy-based bars, beverages and snacks has experienced a high double digit growth since 2011. Food manufacturers are constantly launching new products in the soy food category thereby widening the product offering for their customers. For instance, Laboratoire PYC, a France-based B2B functional food manufacturer, launched a line of protein-filled dietetic crisps in April 2014 that instantly became popular in Europe and North America. Consumers buy it as a slimming food to eat both at home and on-the-go as its label says "high protein", "high fibre" and "low sugar".
Some of the key players of the market are DuPont Solae, Northern Soy Inc., Whole Soy & Co., ADM Inc. Solbar Ltd., Cargill Inc., The Scoular Company, and Linyi Shansong Biological Products Co. Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments by type, i.e. energy drinks, sports drinks, nutraceutical drinks, dairy-based beverages, juices, enhanced water and others. Energy drinks is the largest segment in functional beverages followed by sports drinks and nutraceutical drinks. The distribution channels are supermarkets and hypermarkets, departmental stores, mom-and-pop shops, convenience stores and others. Applications include bakery items, dairy products, confectionary, beverages and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Soy Food Products Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offered
- Potential and niche segments, regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Global Soy Food Products Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Global Soy Food Products Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Global Soy Food Products Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Global Soy Food Products Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)