This Healthcare Mobile Computers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Healthcare Mobile Computers market.
Healthcare mobile computing involves use of mobile devices and enterprise platforms to communicate and efficiently manage exchange of medical data among several end users. The use of mobile computing and applications can help make this changeover across healthcare amenities, resulting in fewer hospitals readmissions and augmented patient’s outcomes. Mobile computers enable healthcare service providers to have access to patient information on-demand and at any location within the facility, ensuring the highest quality care possible at cost effective price. Currently, the healthcare industry is witnessing use of point-of-care computing solutions including laptops, smartphones, tablets, handheld scanners, RFID readers, and mobile carts owing mainly to affordability, ease in accessibility, and timely medical assistance provided by these devices.
Global Market of Healthcare Mobile Computers: Drivers and Restraint
The market of healthcare mobile computers is expected to observe hefty growth during the forecast period due to various factors such as: increase in adoption rate of mobile computers such as smartphones and tablets in healthcare units, better cost efficiency of mobile computing solutions, rising focus towards patient-centric applications, rapid rise in penetration of wireless networks such as 3G & 4G, shortage of nursing staff and doctors promoting the adoption of mobile computing solutions.
In addition to that, mobile computers are resolving most of the major challenges confronted by the healthcare industry including rising costs & error rates, decreasing profitability, fast-changing regulatory environment and demand for quality healthcare, by making healthcare organizations more responsive to the market demand.
Data security issues, lack of standard communication protocols and reimbursement policies, short battery life of mobile computers are few constraint which are expected to hamper the growth of market in the near future.
Global Market of Healthcare Mobile Computers: Region wise outlook
Presently, North America and Europe are one of the major regions witnessing the adoption of the healthcare mobile computers. The primary factors attributing to the market growth in these regions are; high dissemination of mobile devices, development and adoption of pioneering technologies, and the presence of major companies in this region, which improves consumer approachability to mobile computers.
However, the future growth of the global market of healthcare mobile computers will be driven by the Asia-Pacific and Latin America mainly due to the upsurge in number of healthcare organizations such as hospitals, nursing homes, clinics and other ambulatory care services. Additionally, increasing frequency of chronic diseases and disorders which demands continuous patient monitoring is also one of the key factors expected to strengthen the growth of mobile devices in this region. Growth in these regions is expected to be centred on developing economies such as India, China, Singapore, South Korea, UAE, Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico. This is due to the fact that these economies facilitate modified guidelines and are continuously monitoring the implementation of procedures and policies to promote commercialization and innovations in order to attract global investors.
Japan is also one of the significant region witnessing adoption of healthcare mobile computers. The growth is mainly driven by rising geriatric population, leading to susceptibility to chronic diseases and penetration of mobile computers such as smartphones and tablets in the country.
Global Market of Healthcare Mobile Computers: Key Players
Some of the prominent players in the healthcare mobile computers market include Cisco Systems Inc. (US), Oracle Corporation (US), AT&T Inc. (US), Zebra Technologies Corporation (US), Airstrip Technologies, Inc. (US), Cerner Corporation (US), McKesson Corporation (US), Omron Corporation (Japan), SAP SE (Germany), and Philips Healthcare (Netherlands). Other key players include Microsoft Inc. (US), Apple Inc. (US), Hewlett-Packard (HP) Inc. (US), Qualcomm Inc. (US), IBM Corporation (US), and Verizon Communications, Inc. (US).
Decreasing price of electronic components have observed entry of many players in this market. Regional players are becoming a major threat and are further propelling the competition among existing leaders. In order to maintain their market share, leading players are involved in upgrading their existing products and services. Innovation as a key solution to obtain competitive edge is anticipated to drive innovation in the market, which in turn would help healthcare industry to overcome the challenges associated with mobile computing solutions.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Healthcare Mobile Computers Market Segments
- Global Healthcare Mobile Computers Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size
- Global Healthcare Mobile Computers Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Healthcare Mobile Computers Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Global Healthcare Mobile Computers Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Healthcare Mobile Computers Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Healthcare Mobile Computers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Market of Healthcare Mobile Computers: Segmentation
Segmentation on basis of product & services type:
On the basis of type of product and services, the global market of healthcare mobile computers is segmented as
- mobile devices
- mobile software applications
- enterprise platforms
- mobile computers (tablets and smartphones)
- handheld scanners (RFID scanners and barcode scanners).
On the basis of software applications, the market is classified as
- patient care management (patient monitoring, case management, medication administration, dietary and nutrition)
- operations management (admissions/discharge, revenue management/billing, claims processing)
- staff management (scheduling and time & attendance management).
On the basis of end-users of product and services, the global market of healthcare mobile computers is segmented as
- payers (insurance carriers, other third-party payers, or health plan sponsors like employers or unions)
- providers (hospitals, laboratories and others)
Segmentation on basis of regions:
Global market of healthcare mobile computers is sub-segmented into 7 key regions
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- The Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Healthcare Mobile Computers Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Healthcare Mobile Computers Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Healthcare Mobile Computers Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Healthcare Mobile Computers Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.