This Listeriosis Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Listeriosis Treatment market.
Listeriosis is one of the most common bacterial infection. It is caused by a gram-positive, rod shaped, motile bacterium called Listeria monocytogenes. This bacterium is widely prevalent in nature and can be found in water, soil and contaminated food. Food products, for instance, vegetables, can get contaminated from listeria monocytogenes. Infection with the bacterium may lead to mild to severe febrile gastroenteritis. In people with weak immunity, listeriosis can lead to meningitis or septicaemia. It may also result in pregnancy loss in pregnant women. According to the Centers for Disease Control Prevention (CDC), listeria is listed as the third leading cause of deaths in the U.S. In 2017, clinicians reported an increase in the number of neonatal sepsis and adult meningitis due to listeria monocytogenes. As the incidence of listeriosis is increasing globally, many government and non-government organizations have taken initiatives to help in prevention and treatment of listeriosis. China has planned to officially assign listeriosis as a statutory communicable disease, which requires the condition to be reported to the local health authorities and confirmed within 72 years. Such a plan is expected to help in management and treatment of listeriosis.
Listeriosis Treatment varies symptomatically, depending on the severity of the condition. Serious infections can be treated with antibiotics. Antibiotic treatment may help in keeping the infection from affecting the baby during pregnancy. A combination of antibiotics may be given to the newborns.
Drivers for Listeriosis Treatment Market
Increasing prevalence of foodborne infections is driving the global listeriosis treatment market. Increasing consumption of frozen foods such as vegetables, meat, and dairy products contribute to the increasing prevalence of listeriosis. Additionally, the increasing awareness about Listeriosis Treatment and its preventive measures are propelling the global listeriosis treatment market.
Geographically, the global market for Listeriosis treatment is segmented into North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific, China, Japan and Middle-East and Africa. North America, Middle-East and Africa and Asia Pacific are facing major problems due to the lack of treatment available for listeriosis. High costs of the drugs restricts listeriosis treatment in many endemic regions. However, the increasing awareness and the rise in incidence rate of listeriosis is projected to drive the market globally. The unmet medical is a good opportunity for healthcare service providers and R&D programs to invest in Listeriosis treatment in Asia Pacific and Middle-East and Africa.
Examples of some of the key players in the global listeriosis treatment market are Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer, Inc., Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Bayer AG, Novartis AG, Astellas Pharma, Inc. and Bristol Myers Squibb Company.
FMI utilizes a triangulation methodology that is primarily based on overall expenditure on life science research and R&D funding and capital equipment installed base to obtain precise market estimations and insights on life science and biotechnology associated products, technologies, applications and services. Bottom-up approach is always used to obtain insightful data for the specific country/regions. The country-specific data is again analysed to derive data at a global level. This methodology ensures high quality and accuracy of information.
Secondary research is used at the initial phase to identify the feasibility of the target products/technology categories and its respective segments, product and service offerings, equipment installed base in end use facilities, adoption rate and future impact of new technologies. Additionally, per capita consumption of kits, reagents and consumables among end users is tracked at a granular level to obtain the most accurate information. Each piece of information is eventually analysed during the entire research project which builds a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side respondents such as laboratory managers, procurement managers, research supervisors at academic and research institutes, as well as key opinion leaders in addition to supply-side respondents such as equipment and reagent manufacturers, custom solution and service providers who provide valuable insights on trends, research application of products and technologies, purchasing patterns, services offered and associated pricing.
Quantitative and qualitative assessment of basic factors driving demand, economic factors/cycles and growth rates and strategies utilized by key players in the market is analysed in detail while forecasting, in order to project year-on-year growth rates. These Y-o-Y growth projections are checked and aligned as per associated industry/product lifecycles and further utilized to develop market numbers at a holistic level.
On the other hand, we also analyse annual reports of various companies, investor presentations, SEC filings, 10k reports and earning call transcripts operating in the market to fetch substantial information about the market size, trends, opportunity, drivers, restraints and to analyse key players and their market shares. Key companies are segmented at tier-level based on their revenues, product portfolio and presence.
Please note that these are the partial steps that are being followed while developing the market size. Besides this, forecasting will be done based on our internal proprietary model which also uses different macro-economic factors such as overall life science research expenditure, R&D funding, industry based demand driving factors impacting the market and its forecast trends apart from other macroeconomic factors.
Key Data Points Covered in Report:-
- Listeriosis Treatment Market by Type, Test, End users and Region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East & Africa by test type, end use segments and country
- Listeriosis Treatment Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size of Coagulation Disorders analysis, 2013 - 2017
- Listeriosis Treatment Market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Competition & Companies involved.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Listeriosis Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The global market for listeriosis treatment is segmented as follows:-
- Neonatal Sepsis
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Listeriosis Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Listeriosis Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Listeriosis Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Listeriosis Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)