This Mechanical Testing Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mechanical Testing Equipment market.
The rampant rate of industrialization has been generating voluminous demand for mechanical testing equipment. With the active and rapid production processes, it becomes crucial for manufacturers to integrate mechanical testing equipment in manufacturing processes to control the quality of the product.
The increasing need for quality control as well as quality assurance is generating the demand for mechanical testing equipment in the global market. Mechanical testing equipment has a wide array of application in the manufacturing industry - diverse applicability ranging from determining the elasticity of a rubber band to the strength of a bridge, mechanical testing equipment.
Market Growth Analysis
Prominent Opportunities Reside in Food Packaging and Electronics
Construction and Infrastructure Activities Creating Potential Demand Generation Opportunities
The upsurge in infrastructure as well as construction activities, specifically in developing countries, is expected to significantly raise the demand for iron and steel materials, thereby driving the mechanical testing equipment market. The rapid growth of the construction sector is a significant factor in the growth of mechanical testing equipment market in the forecast period.
Metals such as steel and iron have a critical role in the construction sector and constantly underscore the significance of using high-quality products. Meanwhile, the need for reliability, durability, and safety of materials used in construction industry increases, the use of mechanical testing equipment also increases thereby generating the demand for the growth of mechanical testing equipment market. Rapid growth of the construction industry will drive the growth of the global automated mechanical testing equipment market.
Global Mechanical Testing Equipment Market: Key Dynamics
Need for Mechanical Testing Equipment Increasing in Testing of Food Products and Packaging Materials
The adoption of mechanical testing equipment is rising significantly in the food and packaging industry. Various types of materials, like plastic, paperboard, aluminum canning, as well as glass are used for packaging food products, such as vegetables, fruits, milk, cheese, snacks, meat, seafood, condiments and confectioneries.
Rising Export of Electronics & Semiconductor Products Supplementing Demand Growth
The rising exports of electronic goods from major electronics manufacturers of the countries, such as Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea are increasing. The ever increasing demand for electronics and semiconductors is primarily because of the increasing penetration of smartphones in the global market. The shipment of smartphones and other consumer electronics is rapidly growing.
The mechanical testing equipment is of prime importance when it comes to the testing electronic components as it helps in the research and development of new product design as well as finished products. Various parameters involved in the electronics testing are shear, tension, adhesive/bond strength, peel strength, flexure, delamination, and force required for making the electrical contacts. Owing to these factors the demand for mechanical testing equipment is rising in the global market.
Global mechanical Testing Equipment Market: Market Segmentation
Global Mechanical Testing Equipment Market: Competitive Landscape
The mechanical testing equipment market is fragmented with the presence of numerous global and local players who manufacture and supply an extensive range of products for testing different material parameters. Various local, as well as regional market players, are offering application-specific mechanical testing equipment for multiple end-users. The local manufacturers are finding it more and more difficult to compete with international manufacturers on the basis of quality, technological innovations, reliability, and durability.
Some of the prominent players operating in the global mechanical testing equipment market include Applied Test Systems, INSTRON, Torontech Group International, Zwick/Roell, MTS Systems, Hegewald & Peschke, AMETEK, Shimadzu, and others.
Global Mechanical Testing Equipment Market: Regional Outlook
The construction sector has a progressive outlook globally due to major construction activities, and infrastructure projects are under process. APEJ region is one of the major markets for infrastructure and construction industry and is expected to grow at the highest rate globally during the forecast period. Owing to this the APEJ region is expected to hold the prominent share of global mechanical testing equipment market in the forecast period.
The ongoing developments in real estate and infrastructure sectors in the Latin American region are the main reason for the considerable share of the region in the global market. Due to high developments in the technology and saturation in the industrialization, the North America region is anticipated to show constant growth in the global mechanical testing equipment market. The high demand for advanced and automatic testing equipment in the region are expected to rise during the forecast period.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with Mechanical Testing Equipment market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Competitive Positioning Matrix
Average Selling Price (ASP) Analysis
Mechanical testing equipment plays a vital role in the food packaging industry. Market players in the industry offers a wide range of mechanical testing equipment for testing of the product to be packed.
- For instance, Zwick Roell, a prominent player in the market, offers an extensive range of mechanical testing equipment for the testing of packaging material and test fixtures for viscosity measurements and texture analysis. From the testing of the firmness of sausage or cheese to the consistency of mustard and yogurt or tomato paste fixtures, mechanical testing equipment offered by the company serves the need.
The global market for mechanical testing equipment can be segmented on the basis of product type, end use, and region.
- Segmentation of Mechanical Testing Equipment Market by Equipment Type-
- Universal testing machine
- Fatigue testing machine
- Special testing machine
- Segmentation of Mechanical Testing Equipment Market by End Use-
- Civil engineering
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Scientific institutions
The report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Mechanical Testing Equipment Market Segments
- Mechanical Testing Equipment Market Dynamics
- Mechanical Testing Equipment Market Size
- Supply & Demand for Mechanical Testing Equipment Market
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Mechanical Testing Equipment Market
- Competition & Companies Involved in Mechanical Testing Equipment Market
- Technology in Mechanical Testing Equipment market
- Market Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint