Mechanical Keyboard Market By Product (Non-Tactile Linear Switches, Tactile Non-Click Switches, Tactile Click Switches), Connectivity (Wired Keyboards, Wireless Keyboards), Application (Gaming, Office/Industrial) & Region - Forecast to 2019 - 2029
Mechanical Keyboard Market - Analysis, Outlook, Growth, Trends, Forecasts
- October 2019
- 320 pages
Mechanical Keyboard Market - Key Research Findings
- The global mechanical keyboard market was valued at ~US$ 881 Mn in 2018.
- The mechanical keyboard market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~10% during the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Rapid growth of the gaming industry, increasing adoption of wireless keyboards, and growing demand for multiple platform compatible keyboards are factors that have been driving the mechanical keyboard market growth.
- North America is a prominent region for the mechanical keyboard market, which accounted for a market share of ~34% in 2018. However, the mechanical keyboard market in APEJ (Asia Pacific Excluding Japan) is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period and become the most significant market for mechanical keyboard.
- The APEJ region, due to their strong economic growth, rising industrialization, and high IT infrastructure demand and supply, is expected to continue to be among the prominent regional markets for mechanical keyboard.
- In order to gain competitive edge, mechanical keyboard market players are opting for strategic partnerships with e-Commerce platform providers to meet the growing demand in various end-use industries including gaming, BFSI, government, and others.
- For instance, in September 2019, Logitech G partnered with TSM. Players and managers of various TSM teams have collaborated with Logitech G for numerous product designs, providing key insights of what a pro athlete needs to compete at the highest level.
- Similarly, in October 2019, Razer, the gaming tech giant, inked a strategic partnership with gamescom's organiser Koelnmesse via a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The trade and gaming conference has been held yearly in Cologne, Germany, since 2009, where it draws several hundred thousand visitors per year.
Key Factors Shaping the Mechanical Keyboard Market
Benefits Offered by Ergonomic Keyboard Layouts
Ergonomic keyboards facilitate comfortable positioning of hands, wrist, and forearm, while the curved key layout offers an easy approach to keys. Thus, such type of keyboard reduces stress while typing. These are generally switchable to Dvorak layout (the most commonly used signs are on the left, whereas the most frequently used consonants are on the right).
This layout reduces the distance between the most-used keys, thus, ensuring around 50% less distance for the typist’s finger to move. Such factors are estimated to motivate individuals in adopting a mechanical keyboard during the forecast period.
Presence of Omni-Channel Distribution Network
Leading players operating in the mechanical keyboard market offer their products through multiple distribution channels, to expand their global market footprints. This, in turn, ensures easier consumer access to products and drives the growth of the mechanical keyboard market. Besides, with the help of wholesalers and retailers, companies focus on e-Commerce platforms such as Amazon, eBay, Buy.com, CDW, Insight, Newegg.com, PC Mall, PC Connection, and TigerDirect to increase sales of their ergonomic keyboards globally.
Rising Adoption of Mechanical Keyboard with Key Switches
In mechanical keyboard, key switches are used and can be replaced without desoldering them. Instead, they can be removed by using a simple plastic tool, which makes it relatively easy to replace keycaps of the keyboard. This is better for anyone who wants to try out different types of switches without having to buy a completely new mechanical keyboard. The client can only purchase a new pack of switches.
Growth Opportunities in the Asia Pacific Region
Major manufacturers in the mechanical keyboard market focus on expanding their business across Asia Pacific countries like India and China. Increasing investments by governments of these countries in digitalization infrastructure have led different manufacturers to expand their businesses in these countries.
Also, healthy economic growth in these regions, along with the continuing adoption of advanced technology, including the Internet of Things (IoT) and rising gaming population are generating significant growth opportunities for the mechanical keyboard market.
Mechanical Keyboard Market Structure Analysis
- The global mechanical keyboard market has a competitive market landscape, where majority of the key players are maintaining a strategic focus on partnerships and new product innovations to target a stronger global footprint.
- Increasing scope of applications related to mechanical keyboard and a competitive market have resulted in products differentiation and expansion strategies by providers of mechanical keyboard. These factors give a competitive edge and strengthen their market share, specifically to the desired end-use industry.
- Tier-1 energy & power quality meter providers account for ~40% of the overall market. Vendors such as Logitech International S.A., Razer Inc. and Dell Inc. are among the largest and most experienced in the industry and have significant regional coverage across the globe.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Mechanical Keyboard Market: Segmentation
- Non-Tactile Linear Switches
- Tactile Non-Click Switches
- Tactile Click Switches
- Wired Keyboards
- Wireless Keyboards
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa