This North America Temperature Sensor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving North America Temperature Sensor market.
Temperature detection and measurement is a very important activity and has a variety of applications ranging from simple household to industrial. A temperature sensor is a device that collects the concerning temperature data and displays in a human-understandable format. Temperature sensing is the most controlled and measurable factor behind any critical application. The temperature sensing market shows continuous growth due to its need in research & development, semiconductor and chemical industries. Temperature sensing is gaining a lot of attention due to increasing adoption of HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) for domestic as well as industrial use.
Temperature sensors are primarily of two types, contact temperature sensors and non-contact temperature sensors. The contact temperature sensors are thermocouples, filled system thermometers, resistance temperature detectors and bimetallic thermometers. Contact temperature sensors are currently dominating the market. Non–contact temperature sensors like infrared devices have extensive opportunities in the defence sector due to their ability to detect thermal radiation power of optical and infrared rays emitted from liquids and gases.
The quality of a temperature sensor is measured in terms of standard characteristics such as response time, accuracy, repeatability and stability of output senility towards change in other physical environmental factors. Life of the sensor, termination style, probe type and range of measurement are a few other important specifications to be taken into account while considering commercial use.
There is an increasing demand for temperature sensing in the North American market due to its applicability in defence, aerospace, chemical processing and automotive vehicular production sectors. The key driving force behind the increasing market share of North America in temperature sensing include increasing end-user and industrial applications, rising security concerns towards security & surveillance and increasing macroeconomic government interventions. On the other hand, there is a continuous reduction in prices of temperature sensors due to the introduction of more competitive technologies and higher associated costs that act as restraints for market development.
The North American temperature sensor market is segmented on the basis of product type, application and geography. On the basis of product type, the market is divided into fibre-optic temperature sensors, bimetallic temperature sensors, integrated circuit temperature sensors, infrared temperature sensors, thermistors, resistance temperature detectors (RTD), silicon-based temperature sensors and thermocouples. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into transportation, healthcare, aerospace & defence, petrochemicals, energy & power generation and HVAC & refrigeration. On the basis of geography, North American market is divided into Canada, the United States and Mexico.
There is a need for continuous development in temperature sensing to enhance its usability in different verticals and segments. Remote temperature sensing, switch gear temperature monitoring, MRI temperature sensing, fibre-optic temperature sensing, microwave induction heating control, smart temperature sensing, distributed temperature sensing and geothermal sensing are some of the advancements in the temperature sensing market. Use of nanotechnology and microtechnology is also offering contactless accurate measurement at low cost. Silicon-based temperature sensors are used in coolants and are gaining popularity because they do not need any calibration and are inherently stable.
The key players in North America market are Texas Instruments Inc. (U.S.), Sensata Technologies (U.S.), Maxim Integrated Products Inc. (U.S.), Microchip Technology Inc. (U.S.), Analog Devices Inc. (U.S.) and Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.). The market in the US is more developed as compared to RoW (Rest of the World). The market in Mexico is in its development stage and need some more time to mature. Development of new technologies and up gradation of existing temperature sensing technologies in automobiles, equipment and machineries is showing continuous growth. The future temperature sensor market is characterized by advanced technology at an affordable cost.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of North America’s temperature sensor market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market geographies, product types and applications.
The report covers an exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competitions and Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- The United States of America
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. It provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key North America Temperature Sensor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
North America Temperature Sensor Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the North America Temperature Sensor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the North America Temperature Sensor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from North America Temperature Sensor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the North America Temperature Sensor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.