This North America Head Up Display market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving North America Head Up Display market.
Head-up display (HUD) is in form of transparent screen present in front of user. It is an innovative technology developed to assist drivers and pilots to view dashboard data in the user’s field of view. HUDs were previously developed using cathode ray tube (CRT) technology, but are currently available with Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) technology, which gives clearer picture to user. This technology enables users to maintain concentration while driving or flying, thus ensuring their safety. HUD systems are satisfying the security, safety, comfort, and entertainment requirements of its users. HUDs are widely used in commercial and defence airplanes, automobiles, and gaming applications. HUDs in airplanes display information regarding position, radar information, flight path, acceleration, and real time position, which helps pilots to react in timely and rapidly manner. This innovation has slowly made its way into the automotive industry and is currently being considered amongst the prominent driver assistance systems. HUDs in automobiles display GPS information, speed, and engine details on to the windshield of vehicles.
HUD market is expanding because of continuous development in various devices. Advancements in Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) devices and smartphones has triggered the growth of HUD technology, as these small electronic gadgets can be used as complement of HUD for various applications. Besides these advancements, new prototypes have been developed for implementation of this technology in two-wheeler helmets and on-board diagnostic features, thus opening up new scope for applications. Major advantage of Head-Up display is that, it allows driver or pilots to concentrate on their path & simultaneously read any important operational information on the display, it minimizes the possibilities of accidents and gives easy access to information. Some major concern for Head-up display is that many times it creates distraction while driving if continuously any text or voice message flashed. In automobile industry such devices comes with technology of portable multimedia which can read or display your emails, which is also a big distraction.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
North American HUD market is segmented on the basis of countries, components, technology and applications. It includes countries like U.S and Canada. By components it can be further sub segmented into projection unit, combiners, video generator, display panel, and others. By technology it can be sub segmented as Optical waveguides, Led technology, Cathode ray tube technology, and others. Applications of HUDs are primarily for Military & civil aviation but currently they are used in automobile, infotainment and gaming and sports also.
Key players in HUD market for North America region are Recon Instruments Inc., Johnson Control Inc., Head Up Technologies Inc. and Liteye Systems Inc. etc. These players are focusing more on research and development activities. In 2013, Recon instruments received significant amount of investment from Intel Capital, which they decided to use for marketing, global sales expansion and product development activity. HUD market is expected to grow rapidly in near future due to increasing use of this technology in automobile industry. Currently, penetration of this technology is under 5% in the automobiles industry, which will increase in future period because of growing awareness towards safety systems.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market by countries, components, technologies and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key North America Head Up Display Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the North America Head Up Display Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the North America Head Up Display Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from North America Head Up Display Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the North America Head Up Display Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.