This Picric Acid market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Picric Acid market.
Picric Acid Market: Introduction
Picric acid is an organic aromatic compound belonging to the family of organic nitro compounds. Picric acid is also known as 2,4,6 tri nitrophenol or TNP. Picric acid is one of the most acidic phenols. Picric acid is explosive in nature similar to other highly nitrated compounds. Picric acid is synthesized by reacting anhydrous phenol with fuming sulfonic acid to form pohydoxyphenylsulfonic acid which is then nitrated with concentrated nitric acid or picric acid is also synthesized by direct nitration of 2,4-Dinitrophenol with concentrated nitric acid. Picric acid is primarily used in the manufacturing of explosives and munitions. Explosives such as explosive D, TNT, TATB etc. are manufactured from picric acid. In metallurgy science picric acid is used as an etchants especially for optical metallography. Picric acid is used as a booster for rocket fuel and other explosives. Picric acid is also being used in medicine as an antiseptic or for burn treatments. Besides these applications, picric acid is also being used in the formulation of dyes and photographic chemicals and pesticides intermediates. Picric acid is highly corrosive in nature. Oxides of picric acids are toxic in nature. In the recent years there is rise in the number of regulations implemented on picric acid owing to its hazardous and explosive nature.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Picric Acid Market: Dynamics
Growing use of ammunition and explosive equipment in defence and military sector has elevated the procurement of arms ammunition, owing to which there rise in demand for explosives and munitions which in turn is anticipated to increase the demand for picric acid. Mining industry imbibing industrial grade explosives is also identified as another significant user of picric acid hence subsequently generating additional requirement of the chemical. The growing agrochemical industry is also expected to positively influence the picric acid market. The general purpose medicines coupled with is also expected to have a positive impact on the picric acid market. Demand from Textile industry is also expected to up surge the consumption for picric acid for the formulation of dyes. However, due to the toxic nature of picric acid, end-users are looking for alternative solutions due to rising environmental concerns. Increasing awareness regarding environmental pollution and safety, there has been rise in the number stringent environmental regulations. The aforementioned factors might hamper the growth of picric acid market to an extent.
Picric Acid Market: Regional Outlook
Demand of picric acid is expected to be generated from Asia Pacific region at significant level owing to demand from the established industries such as textiles, pharmaceutical and agrochemicals in the long term. Regions such as Europe and North America will witness primary demand of picric acid from defence and military as well as mining sectors. Growth of mining, pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals industry in Latin America as well Middle East & Africa will collectively make LAMEA a potential market for picric acid which is currently at a nascent stage.
Picric Acid Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market participants identified in the global picric acid market are:
BASF SE, DowDuPont Inc., Innospec, Odyssey Organics, Aadhunik Industries, Anmol Chemicals Group, Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd., Spectrum Chemicals, Loba Chemie Fine Chemicals, Merck KGaA, Ricca Chemical Company, and Mubychem Group among others.
The Picric Acid market research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Picric Acid market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The Picric Acid market research report provides analysis and information according to Picric Acid market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Picric Acid Market Segments
- Picric Acid Market Dynamics
- Picric Acid Market Size
- Picric Acid Supply & Demand Scenario
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Picric Acid market
- Competition & Companies involved in Picric Acid market
- Technology used in Picric Acid Market
- Value Chain of Picric Acid Market
Regional analysis includes,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The Picric Acid Market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with Picric Acid market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Picric Acid market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Picric Acid Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Picric Acid Market: Segmentation
The global picric acid can be segmented on the basis of its grade, moisture content, application and end use industry.
The global picric acid is segmented on the basis of its grade:
- Commercial Grade (<99%)
- High Purity Grade (≥99%)
The global picric acid market is segmented on the basis of its moisture content:
- Less than 30%
- More than 30%
The global picric acid market is segmented on the basis of its application:
- Explosives & Munitions
- Chemical Intermediates
The global picric acid market is segmented on the basis of end-use industry:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Picric Acid market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Picric Acid market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in Picric Acid market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in Picric Acid market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Picric Acid market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Picric Acid Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Picric Acid Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Picric Acid Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Picric Acid Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.