This Service Laboratory market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Service Laboratory market.
With widespread use in bioscience, material science, electronics, and industrial science, service laboratories are witnessing decent demand all over the globe. According to FMI’s research, the service laboratory market is likely to grow at a steady pace throughout the forecast period 2016-2026.
Each high quality reliability maintenance programme requires a service laboratory not only for assessment of products but for resolution of the key manufacturing issues as well. Service laboratories typically serve as organisational units, which execute innovation management, and play a key role in quality processing and provide valuable insights into hidden failure mechanisms responsible for curtailed productivity.
Manufacturers, through their service laboratories, can identify the root cause of products’ mechanism failure, design correction plans, and improve next generation versions of their products. The ultimate aim is to maximise the productivity and efficiently cater to consumer demands.
Key Drivers: Global Service Laboratory Market
- Material science is the top vertical currently driving the service laboratory market, since immense developments in oil and gas sectors.
- Growing use of equipment such as SEM and TEM, and procedures such as secondary ion mass spectroscopy is the key factor driving the demand for service laboratory. SEM, TEM, dual beam systems, and FIB are identified as the key revenue generation points of the global service laboratory market.
- Moreover, increasing number of machinery and tools in metallurgy sector is also fuelling the growth of service laboratory market.
- The complexity of innovative functionality of circuitry and allied component packages is rising since the past few years, which is propelling the requirement for service laboratories.
- Increasing number of research labs in the bio science field is also an important factor positively influencing the demand for service laboratory equipment.
- Evolving semiconductor technology and rising trend of miniaturization of semiconductor, electronic, and mechanical chips is expected to escalate the demand for service laboratory during the forecast period.
However, high end medical devices and equipment have to undergo high custom duty and excise duty. These key macroeconomic factors are anticipated to restrict the market growth to a certain extent.
Current Market Trends
- The service laboratory market is witnessing significant push from emerging economies, providing attractive opportunities to manufacturers from the key market regions across the globe.
- Life science research is currently trending with novel applications of super-resolution fluorescence microscopy techniques. Various biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, life science universities and colleges, and forensic laboratories are thus estimated to fuel the demand for service laboratory.
- The applications of nanotechnology in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, aerospace engineering, electronics, chemical manufacturing, and textiles are burgeoning with the advent of research technology. This will also bolster the market of service laboratory.
- Another highly influencing trend, especially for material science, includes the growing research interests in nano-crystalline solids.
Global Service Laboratory Market: Segmentation
In terms of application, the market is segmented into material science sector, bioscience sector, industrial sector, and electronics sector. While material science attracts the highest revenues to market, bio science remains the second largest segment that boosts the demand for service laboratory in research labs.
Geographically, North America is currently a major market for service laboratory. While Asia Pacific forms one of the largest markets, Europe also accounts for significant revenue shares in the total global market revenues.
Global Service Laboratory Market: Key Players
The prominent players in the global service laboratory market include Carl Zeiss SMT GmbH (Germany), Moody Labs (U.S.), FEI Company (U.S.), Hitachi High-Technologies (Japan), JEOL Ltd. (Japan), Tescan (Czech Republic), Direct Electron (U.S.), Nanolab Technologies (U.S.), EAG Inc. (U.S.), and Intertek Group PLC (U.K.).
While the key players are already well established in the global market, their strategic office locations, strong distribution channels, diverse product portfolios, and state-of-the-art technologies are estimated to strengthen their market presence over the forecast period and drive the market growth globally.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Service Laboratory Market Segments
- Service Laboratory Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Service Laboratory Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Service Laboratory Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Service Laboratory Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Service Laboratory Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Service Laboratory Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Service Laboratory Market
Based on product, the market is segmented into
- TEM systems
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Service Laboratory Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Service Laboratory Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Service Laboratory Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Service Laboratory Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.