This Smart Meter market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Smart Meter market.
On a global scale, many countries are facing challenges to meet the growing demand for energy. Thus utilities are looking for innovative and efficient ways to manage generation, transmission and worldwide distribution of energy. Global smart meter market consists of digital electronic devices for measuring and two-way information sharing to manage and control power consumption by customers. Customers also have the advantage of tracking their energy consumption and billing through internet. Global smart meter market demand is more in residential areas as compared to commercial areas and electric smart meter is prominently used among the types of smart meters. Environmental concerns for reducing carbon and energy wastage and for regulating supply of energy, are major factors driving global smart meter market. Global smart meter market is anticipated to grow with a single digit compound annual growth rate during the forecast period.
Smart Meter Market: Drivers & Restraints
The major driving factor for the growth of global smart meter market is government support and incentives, as utilities are initially reluctant to make huge investment in new technology without their support. Technological advancements such as smart grid development, infrastructure development, growing population and rise in economic developments are some of the other factors boosting the growth of global smart meter market. The successful deployment of global smart meter market is dependent on logistics which influences the delivery, installation and performance of smart meter. The health effects concerning wireless signals in smart meter, security concerns, regulatory constraints and stiff competition are some of the challenges faced by global smart meter market.
Smart Meter Market: Region-wise Outlook
Global smart meter market is expected to exhibit healthy growth in Asia-Pacific and Western Europe regions which is either due to increasing installation of new smart meters as well as upgradation of the existing smart meters. China is expected to display substantial progress of global smart meter market, as incorporated in its five-year nationwide plan to upgrade its grid infrastructure. In Japan, large scale installation by Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) started on 2014 which is expected to last during the forecast period leading to increase in demand for global smart meter market. In North, America, the growth of global smart meter market is expected to slower down as infrastructure for energy is well developed and funding for the new projects has become limited. In Latin America, global smart meter is set to exhibit steady growth of global smart meter market, as compared to Middle East and Africa.
Smart Meter Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global smart meter market are: Aclara Technologies LLC., Echelon Corporation, Elster Group GmbH, General Electric, Holley Metering Limited, Iskraemeco d.d., Itron, Kamstrup A/S, Landis+Gyr and Sensus.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies and End Use industries.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Smart Meter Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Smart Meter Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, global smart meter market can be segmented into following segments:
- Smart electric meter
- Smart gas meter
- Smart water meter
On the basis of application, global smart meter market can be segmented into:
- Residential application
- Commercial application
On the basis of technology, global smart meter market can be segmented into:
- Radio Frequency (RF)
- Power Line Carrier (PLC)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Smart Meter Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Smart Meter Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Smart Meter Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Smart Meter Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.