This Smart Water Meters market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Smart Water Meters market.
With increasing adoption of internet of things (IoT) technologies by utility vertical and the advantages offered by smart water meters in water management, the smart water meters market is expected to grow at a high growth rate. Like many other verticals, utility vertical is undergoing a process of transformation through the use of IoT-enabled real-time data generation in order to increase operational efficiencies aiding in reduced expenditures and energy consumptions.
For water utility authorities, non-revenue water (NWR) i.e. water lost before reaching to customers through leakages and illegal water tapping is a major cause of concern and smart water meters can aid in detecting and preventing water leakages and water tapping.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Aging water utility infrastructure in matured economies including U.S., U.K., Germany, France etc. and increasing emphasis on water and energy conservations and carbon footprint reduction are some of the factors driving the demand of smart water meters market. Besides this, increasing adoption of IoT solutions in utility vertical and increasing number of smart city projects are expected to support the increase in demand for smart water meters market.
However, high initial investment cost in terms of installation and software licensing are some of the challenges that will affect the demand of smart water meters market.
Global Smart Water Meters: Market Segmentation
Global Smart Water Meters Market can be divided into four segments, based on component, application, technology and region.
Segmentation on the basis of Component for Smart Water Meters Market:
Segmentation on the basis of Application for Smart Water Meters Market:
Segmentation on the basis of Technology for Smart Water Meters Market:
Segmentation on the basis of Region for Smart Water Meters Market:
Global Smart Water Meters: Regional Trend
Among various regions, smart water meters market in North America is expected to dominate during the forecast period because of region’s strong focus on water monitoring and water leakage prevention, repair and up gradation of aging water infrastructure and the presence of major vendors providing smart water meters solutions. North America region is expected to be followed by Western Europe and APEJ.
APEJ is expected to drive the demand for smart water meters market, supported by increasing expenditure on region’s water utility infrastructure to support a large population and increasing adoption of IoT technology in the region.
Global Smart Water Meters: Competitive Landscape
Some of the prominent players in the field of smart water meters market include Itron Corp (U.S.), Elster Group (U.S.), Aclara Technologies LLC (U.S.), Landis+Gyr AG (Switzerland), Maven Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India) etc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Smart Water Meters Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The major segments of smart water meters on the basis of the component include:
- Software & platforms
The major segments of smart water meters on the basis of the application include:
The major segments of smart water meters on the basis of technology include:
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
The major segments of smart water meters on the basis of the region include:
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
- Western Europe
- North America
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Smart Water Meters Segments
- Global Smart Water Meters Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Global Smart Water Meters Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain for Smart Water Meters
- Global Smart Water Meters Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Smart Water Meters
- Smart Water Meters Solutions Technology
- Value Chain of Smart Water Meters
- Global Smart Water Meters Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Smart Water Meters includes
- North America Smart Water Meters
- Latin America Smart Water Meters
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Smart Water Meters
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Smart Water Meters
- Asia Pacific Smart Water Meters
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Japan Smart Water Meters
- The Middle East and Africa Smart Water Meters
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.