Smartphone 3D Camera Market
Smartphone 3D Camera Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment 2022-2032
Market Insights on Smartphone 3D Camera covering sales outlook, demand forecast and up-to-date key trends
Smartphone 3D Camera Market Outlook
The global smartphone 3D camera market is expected to record a CAGR of 32.5% through 2032, from an anticipated value of US$ 5.93 billion in 2022. The market is likely to reach a valuation of US$ 98.93 billion by 2032.
Global Smartphone 3D Camera Market CAGR
Global Smartphone 3D Camera Market (2022)
US$ 5.93 Bn
Global Smartphone 3D Camera Market (2032)
US$ 98.93 Bn
Researchers are increasingly focusing on the development of smartphones with integrated 3D sensors that can sense movement and capture specific dimensions of objects and environments. Additionally, its superior properties, such as its ability to detect objects with a high degree of precision, high performance, and HD clarity, this is sure to increase the product’s popularity among youngsters. Thus, this will augment the demand for the smartphone 3D camera market over the forecast period, as expected.
As a result of the increased demand for 3D cameras in phones coming from customers, several manufacturers are adopting 3D technology in their smartphone cameras to meet the growing demand from customers. In addition to the depth sensors, these 3D cameras are equipped with the ability to record a quarter million three-dimensional measurements per second, allowing them to provide real-time 3D modeling of objects at any time.
Having 3D capabilities integrated into smartphones will create new market opportunities and enhance sales in the future. Moreover, there is a high probability that an increasing number of virtual reality applications, as well as home automation, is likely to positively contribute to the growth of the global market in the years to come.
- In contrast, the smartphone 3D camera market may be restrained in the future by high purchasing costs and compatibility issues. Also, there is an expectation that the high cost of high-megapixel cameras owing to the price hike in components is going to pose a challenge to their growth. Increasingly advanced 3D scanning technologies have made it possible for players to launch products that provide high-quality videos and images.
- A rise in the adoption of smartphones across a variety of industries, including the media, entertainment, and gaming industries, along with an increase in the use of 3D content, are some of the key drivers that are driving the growth of the smartphone 3D camera market.
- The smartphone industry has dominated the market and is expected to expand rapidly as 80% of smartphones now have 3D cameras equipped with simple technology and stereo vision.
- Asia Pacific is dominating the smartphone 3D camera market surpasseing North America. The widespread use of smartphones by consumers in developing countries, such as India and China, is expected to boost the growth of the smartphone 3D camera industry over the forecast period. The Asia Pacific market is expected to reach above USD 3,500 million by 2022.
The demand for easy and reliable generation of 3D models of real objects and environment has witnessed traction in the recent past. 3D cameras are essential for capturing and displaying a 3D scene of the objects in an environment. With the growing adoption of smartphones across the world, 3D camera is expected to become an essential feature of smartphones. Modern smartphones offer improved interactive features and have now open up new possibilities for 3D modeling.
Technologies Used in Smart Phone 3D Cameras:
Don't pay for what you don't need
Customize your report by selecting specific countries or regions and save 30%!
Smartphone 3D Camera Market: Drivers and Restraints
Currently, most of the smartphones 3D cameras are designed on the basis of stereoscopic technology. Stereoscopic camera technology offers reliability, high quality of pictures, and precision while capturing 3D image of any object, hence, most of smartphone 3D camera vendors are deploying this technology to design 3D cameras for smartphones. Thus, it is one of the major driving factor for the growth of smartphone 3D camera market. Moreover, entertainment and media industry is witnessing intense surge in the 3D content High end smartphones from the leading manufactures integrate innovative camera with high resolution equivalent to hand handled cameras. In addition to this, smart phones are integrated with 3D sensors that can sense movements and enable smartphone user to capture precise dimensions of environment and objects. Because of these enticing features, smartphones are gaining popularity in the young generation which in turn contributing to the growth of market. However, factors such as high cost of smartphones integrated with 3D camera and compatibility issues are currently restricting the growth of the market.
Asia-Pacific region presents largest market opportunity for smartphone 3D camera market. The growing usage of smartphones and increase in purchasing power of consumers is driving the growth of the market. In countries such as China and India, there are more than 800 million smartphone users, according to World Bank. Apart from this, most of the smart phone vendors manufacture their smartphones in countries such as China, Japan, and Taiwan.
In North America region, smartphone 3D cameras have won widespread acceptance for both personal and business use. Increasing crave of viewing the external object and environment in 3 dimensional view through smartphones is contributing to the growth of the market. Increasing awareness of 3D camera enabled smartphones and growing consumer spending power is contributing to the growth of the market in the Latin America and Middle East and Africa regions.
LG Electronics, Intel Corporation, Sony Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, and Samsung Electronics are key players of global smartphone 3D camera market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Smartphone 3D Camera Market Segments
- Smartphone 3D Camera Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Smartphone 3D Camera Market Size & Forecast 2022 to 2032
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Smartphone 3D Camera Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Smartphone 3D Camera Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for smartphone 3D camera Market includes development of these systems in the following regions
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Get the data you need at a Fraction of the cost
Personalize your report by choosing insights you need
and save 40%!
Smartphone 3D Camera Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of smartphone 3D camera market on the basis of resolution:
- Below 8 MP Smartphone 3D Camera
- 8-16 MP Smartphone 3D Cameras
- Above 16 MP Smartphone 3D Cameras