This Solid White Films market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Solid White Films market.
Global Solid White Films Market
Solid white films, made up of bi-axially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) films, are increasing in demand due to their opacity, printability, and resistivity to fats and chemicals. Solid white films are especially appropriate for the labelling of cosmetics, personal care products, and homecare products which needs weather and chemical resistant packaging. Solid white films are a popular raw material for flexible packaging, owing to their abundant availability in form of thin laminates. Solid white films are extensively used for the packaging of frozen food, and confectionery and bakery products, owing to their excellent sealing properties, besides also acting as a light barrier.
In-mold Labelling Technology Reforming the Solid White Films Market
Owing to the need for eco-friendly and cost-effective labeling, the adoption of in-mold labelling technology is expected to experience fast pace growth during the next five years. The high stiffness and glossy surface of a solid white film provides premium surface finish to molded containers. Manufacturers are trying to develop solid white films that can offer high printability and die cutting performance, for both, offset and flexography printing technologies.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The growing number of food service providers in emerging countries is having a significant impact on the packaging industry. Food grade solid white films are highly preferred for the packaging of processed food, owing to their conformability to the regulations of the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA). BOPP possesses significant formability, which allows the production of 10 micron or even thinner solid white films, making the films suitable for end users looking for advanced packaging solutions. The lamination and printing facility provided by solid white films with glossy and matt finishing makes them an ideal choice for magazine covers.
China & India are Anticipated to Fuel the Demand for Solid White Films
North America and Western Europe are matured markets for solid white films. The food & beverage industry in China, India, and Indonesia is projected to witness fast pace growth, owing to the increasing urban population and increasing per capita expenditure on food products. This will have a significantly positive influence on food & beverage packaging and demand for solid white films.
Global Solid White Films Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in global solid white films market are as follows:
- Treofan Group
- KristaFilms, S.A. de C.V.
- UPM Raflatac, Inc.
- Decorative Films, LLC.
- Vibac Group S.p.a.
- Rowad Global Packaging Company Ltd
- Gulf Packaging Industries Limited LTD
- Innovia Films Limited
- Manucoer SPA
Recent Developments in the Solid White Films Market
- In September 2018, Cosmo Films, a manufacturer of specialist films for flexible packaging, lamination, and labelling, launched new solid white films (BOPP) heat-resistant for the Asian market
- In February 2018, BOPP specialist Treofan Group launched EWR50 films, new thin (solid white films) in-mold label films for high surface yield and thin labelling solutions.
- In September 2017, Jindal Films introduced new solid white films in the Label-Lyte range, 57IMS447, which can use as in-mold labels to create solid white appearance and performance.
The solid white films market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The solid white films market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Solid White Films Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Solid White Films Market: Segmentation
The global solid white films market is segmented on the basis of heat sealing capability, thickness, application, and end-user industry.
On the basis of heat sealing capability, the global solid white films market has been segmented into:
- Heat Sealable
- Non-heat Sealable
On the basis of thickness, the global solid white films market has been segmented into:
- Up to 20 µm
- 20 – 40 µm
- Above 40 µm
On the basis of application, the global solid white films market has been segmented into:
On the basis of end-user industry, the global solid white films market has been segmented into:
- Food & Beverages
- Fresh Produce
- Coffee & Tea
- Other Foods (Chips, Biscuits, & Cereals)
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Electronics and Electricals
The global solid white films market has been divided into seven regions –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing solid white films market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth solid white films market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on solid white films market performance
- Must-have information for solid white films market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Solid White Films Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Solid White Films Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Solid White Films Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Solid White Films Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)