This Soluble Milk Protein market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Soluble Milk Protein market.
Market Outlook for Soluble Milk Protein Market:
Soluble milk protein is present in the aqueous supernatant part of the milk when Casein is precipitated with the help of acid treatment or centrifuged at high speed. Soluble milk proteins are a group of proteins called as whey proteins and consists of β- lactoglobulin, α- lactalbumin, serum albumin, immunoglobulin, lactoferrin, and other minor elements. Soluble milk proteins consist of enzymes, hormones, growth factor, nutrient transporter, disease resistance factors, and other key ingredients. Milk and milk products have been included in human food consumption for several years, and at the time, more than six billion people consume milk and milk products. Supplementation of soluble milk protein immediately after physical activity has shown improved overall skeletal muscle function compared to casein. As of 2018, food and beverage manufacturers tend to adopt soluble milk protein as a major protein source in sports nutrition, supplements, and other functional health products.
Soluble Milk Proteins Gaining attention as Next Generation Dairy Ingredients:
Worldwide, protein consumption has increased with multiple reasons for that, increase in the middle-class income worldwide and making them able to afford these high-end protein-rich products is one of the reason. These middle-class as well as upper-class people from around the globe have become health conscious and prefer eating nutritional food with high quality and premium ingredients. Consumers tend to be aware of labels on food products, and have become conscious of their intake in terms of ingredients in the food products they consume. In order to meet the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, and other nutrients, they tend to carefully curate their diet incorporating functional ingredients such as soluble milk proteins. Soluble milk proteins isolated directly from milk are gaining attention due to their positive effect on health. Bland flavors and aroma, excellent foaming capacity, high protein content, low turbidity and non-hygroscopic characteristic of powder are some of the points that make the soluble milk protein excellent choice for a protein source. Soluble milk protein produced directly from milk is more consistent because it doesn’t go through the cheese-making process, also it requires fewer steps of heat pasteurizing, which prevents protein denaturation and enhances product quality.
Global Soluble Milk Protein Market: Major Players
Among various producers of soluble milk proteins, major players include Lactalis Ingredients, Davisco Foods International, Arla Foods, Fonterra Co-operative Group, Glanbia PLC, Milk Specialty, Wheyco GmbH, and others. Key buyers of the soluble milk protein are Optimum Gold Standard 100%, Nutrova, BSN, Cytosport, Dymatize, Cellulor Cor Performance, Champion Nutrition, etc.
Global Soluble Milk Protein Market: Key Developments
Innovation and research in the production and formulation of soluble milk protein, has led to the growth of the market and expected to be seen in the near future. Research provides the result that the soluble milk proteins isolated directly from milk possess distinct flavor properties from those of the proteins derived from cheese whey. Research in the filtration techniques to improve the process to isolate the soluble milk protein directly from milk is challenging. Microfiltration and ultrafiltration are being researched and developed to enhance the process of separating soluble milk proteins.
Global Soluble Milk Protein Market: Emerging Opportunities
Global soluble milk protein market is likely to show tremendous growth due to the presence of several large producers, as well as small and medium-sized regional suppliers. Health and wellness conscious people around the globe has led to an increase in demand for healthy food and beverages. Eating protein rich food enhances health and wellbeing. Hence, the food and beverage industry are challenged to introduce soluble milk protein in high protein content products.
Soluble milk protein contains less than 1 % fat, even when concentrated to 80 % protein. Manufacturer companies are keen on developing more convenient solutions and a wider array of foods that fit the lifestyle and specific need of consumer; such as high-protein and low-fat content.
Soluble milk protein has foaming and whipping characteristic, which might make them an excellent choice to replace egg which is dominant in baked goods and whipping products.
Also, the increased population of the senior citizen is concerned with the healthcare problem and muscle loss due to aging. Supplementing this population with soluble milk protein containing products might help to overcome the muscle loss and improve overall functioning.
Also, increase in the usage of technology and educational platform in the underdeveloped countries likely to increase the demand for protein-rich products, hence provide a boost to the soluble milk protein market in these countries.
Brief Approach to Research:
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered was used in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product types and end uses of the target product are covered in the study. Key data points collected for modeling approach are the production of milk and milk products, average yield, amount of milk consumed directly v/s amount that is further processed into whey, casein, and other ingredients. Also, other key data points were included in the report, such as demand v/s supply, consumption v/s production, exporting and importing geographies, key trends, opportunity, drivers, and restraints and to analyze key players and their market shares. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key data points covered in the report:
Some of the key data points explained in the report are:
- An overview of the soluble milk protein market, including background and evolution
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, restraints, challenges and trends
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand for soluble milk protein, the major producer and consumer by geographies, imports/exports
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Soluble Milk Protein Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Soluble Milk Protein: Market Segmentation:
Soluble Milk protein Market segmentation on the basis of a form:
Soluble Milk Protein Market segmentation on the basis of type:
Soluble Milk protein Market segmentation on the basis of end use:
- Dietary supplements
- Sports Nutrition
- Food and beverage processing:
- Infant formula
- Health drinks
- Protein bars
- Bakery and confectionery products
- Dairy and ice cream products
- Soups, and sauces
- Processed Meat Products
- Clinical Nutrition
Soluble Milk protein Market segmentation on the basis of source:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Soluble Milk Protein Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Soluble Milk Protein Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Soluble Milk Protein Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Soluble Milk Protein Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)