This Streaming Media Services market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Streaming Media Services market.
Streaming media services refers to the multimedia services provided by the internet service provider to the end-user. Streaming media services facilitate on-demand or real-time presentation and distribution of audio, video, and multimedia content across a communications route such as Internet or a dedicated IP network managed by a service provider.
Streaming media services allows end-user to receive audio, video, and multimedia content without downloading the files to their systems. This saves user’s time and storage, and at the same time provides the media owners with built-in copy protection. Currently, streaming media is aiding e-learning initiatives and producing advertising campaigns, replacing static forms of media contents such as CDs and DVDs.
In the past few years, the streaming media services has evolved as a vital segment of the internet experience for both enterprise users and consumers. Businesses are proactively availing these services over the company's dedicated IP network, in turn avoiding the traffic congestion associated with the public Internet.
Streaming Media Services Market: Drivers and Restraint
First introduced in 1995, streaming media was designed with a goal to get rid of the long wait times involved in downloading digital media content. (as the streamed media, audio and video, are played as soon as the data connection is commenced). The prevalent availability of high speed internet access has accelerated the adoption of streaming media services, further reducing the lag time in content delivery and thus improving the user's overall experience. Several drivers propelling its adoption in the market place include increasing demand among consumers, especially youth consumers for digital media content, and webcasting - in which organizations transmit the media content (audio, video and multimedia presentations) over their dedicated IP-based network. Additionally, enterprise marketing initiatives (Web advertising) using social networking platforms to introduce new products and surging demand of on-demand entertainment services such as entertainment programs and live matches, on TVs, portable devices and gaming systems are also further boosting the adoption of streaming media services globally.
Additionally, the recent developments in the consumer electronics sector, especially in the products that efficiently support streaming media services such as the streaming media player, is bringing concomitant growth in the media streaming services market. Several business organizations are utilizing streaming media services for delivering presentations, seminars, and training activities. Similarly, educational institutions are promoting e-learning initiatives by providing online coursework to expand their educational presence.
Streaming Media Services Market: Segmentation
Streaming media services market can be segmented on the basis of type of services, applications, end-users and regions.
On the basis of type of services, the streaming media services market is further segmented into audio streaming, video streaming and others (includes live closed captioning, ticker tape and real time text). Among these the video streaming sub segment is anticipated to register the highest growth. The growth is mainly attributed to the increasing popularity of on-demand entertainment services such as movies, shows, videos and live matches, on TVs and other portable device platforms.
On the basis of applications, the market is classified as real time entertainment, web browsing & advertising, gaming, social networking and e-learning/distance learning. Presently, real time entertainment application segment dominates the streaming media services market globally. However the other application segments such as e-learning and web advertising are also emerging as potential revenue sectors due to their growing popularity among educational institutions and business organizations respectively. With the reduction in cost and integration of additional innovative features, e-learning softwares are reaching beyond universities to include general business training.
On the basis of end-users, the market is classified as personal/domestic users, educational institutions and business organizations. The adoption of video streaming service across domestic users is driven by the prevalent availability of high speed internet access and growing popularity of the online TV shows among the youth population in the developed regions. The business organizations and educational institutions are also witnessing a swift adoption of streaming media services and are anticipated to continue adopting these services during the forecast period.
Streaming Media Services Market: Region wise outlook
Presently, developed countries such as U.S. and Japan lead the global market of streaming media services mainly due to availability of high speed internet connection. . There is a linear relationship between the internet speeds, and IP based video services across these countries.
Emerging economies such as Brazil, China, India and South Africa (BRICS) are witnessing high adoption ofstreaming media Services. The growth of this market in these countries is primarily attributed to the factors such as introduction of high speed data plans, increasing online (audio video streaming) traffic and traction in the e-learning programs initiatives.
Streaming Media Services Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players in the streaming media services market include Apple Inc., Adobe Systems Inc., Microsoft Corporation, RealNetworks Inc., Google Inc. (You Tube), Netflix Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., Pandora Media, Inc,. Spotify AB and Midwest Tape.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Streaming Media Services Market Segments
- Global Streaming Media Services Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2015
- Global Streaming Media Services Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Streaming Media Services Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Global Streaming Media Services Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Streaming Media Services Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Streaming Media Services Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Streaming Media Services Market
Streaming Media Services Market is sub-segmented into 7 key regions-
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- The Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Streaming Media Services Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Streaming Media Services Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Streaming Media Services Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Streaming Media Services Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.