This Third Party Logistics Services market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Third Party Logistics Services market.
Global Third Party Logistics Services Market: Introduction
Globalization, free trade and opening up of the markets for foreign multinational companies is a recent trade which is influencing the major trend of elongating supply chains and industrialization. Rising cross border trade is the result of increasing collaboration between logistics service providers, government bodies and leverage of technology. Growing worldwide demand for logistics services has led the third party logistics (3PL) market to grow rapidly in the last decade. But, as the time went, increase in third party logistics (3PL) players is resulted into fierce competition between 3PL market players. Today, third party logistics (3PL) players have few customers and at the same time they are dealing with the risk of increased prices. Emerging economies like South Africa, India, Nigeria, China, Brazil and Argentina are the sweet spots for the investments in third party logistics services. The investments have grown more than two fold in these emerging markets. Third party logistics (3PL) service providers are increasingly adopting advanced technologies based on Internet of Things (IoT), cloud storage, data analytics, forecasting, real time product tracking etc. Massive public and private infrastructure developments related to transportation, agriculture, and defence sectors are bringing the traction in third party logistics (3PL) services market. Recent trend in third party logistics (3PL) services market shows, the complete outsourcing of supply chain activities to third party logistics (3PL) players, increased transparency and customer-client engagement etc. This has led to the third party logistics (3PL) players handling complete activities of packaging, raw material procurement, transportation, inventory management, warehousing, distribution etc. Rising e-Commerce distribution has also influenced the growth of 3PL services market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Third Party Logistics Services: Market Dynamics
Third party logistics (3PL) helps manufacturers to focus on their core business by providing complete or partial supply chain services like packaging, warehousing, procurement and distribution. There are two kinds of third party logistics (3PL) service providers. One who owns the assets like warehouses, trucks etc. and other just uses the rented assets. Then there are 4PLs, who are consultants and complete supply chain intelligence providers and there are 5PLs, who help in efficient resource utilization. 5PLs aggregate the demand of many third party logistics (3PL) service providers and then they hire the cargo planes, ships, warehouses and other transportation services etc. Growing demand for cold chain services from pharmaceuticals and food & beverages sectors is driving the third party logistics (3PL) services market. Growing regulatory environment and government policies related to distribution of pharmaceuticals and food & beverages is driving the global third party logistics (3PL) services market. Growing industrialization and trend of countries striving to become self-reliant and free from imports is pushing the demand for third party logistics (3PL) services market. Procurement of raw materials like polymers, pulp & paper, metals and distribution of finished products like automobiles, packaging products, FMCG goods etc. at right times is a challenging task for third party logistics (3PL) service providers. Lack of labour force is restraining the growth of third party logistics (3PL) services market.
Global Third Party Logistics Services Market: Regional outlook
Third party logistics service market has been segmented on the basis of region into North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Japan. Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to dominate the overall global third party logistics service market, followed by Western Europe. This is due to massive infrastructure development projects happening in China, India and other countries in APEJ region.
Global Third Party Logistics Services Market: Key players
Some of the players associated with the global third party logistics service market are Yusen Logistics Co., Ltd., DHL Supply Chain & Global Forwarding, Sinotrans Limited, CEVA Logistics, Nippon Express Co., Ltd., DB Schenker Logistics, Kuehne + Nagel International AG, Ryder, Menlo Logistics, C.H. Robinson, Exel (tie) Schneider Logistics, Penske, APL Logistics, Danzas AEI (tie) Hub Group, TNT Logistics (tie) USCO Logistics, EGL Eagle Global Logistics and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Third Party Logistics Services Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Third Party Logistics Services: Market Segmentation
The third party logistics service market is segmented on the basis of service type, asset ownership, contract and end-use industry.
On the basis of service type, the global third party logistics service market is segmented into:
- Inventory Management
Based on the asset ownership, global third party logistics service market is segmented into:
- Asset Based 3PL
- Non-Asset Based 3PL
Based on the asset contract type, the global third party logistics service market is segmented into:
Based on the end-use industry, global third party logistics service market is segmented into:
- Food & Beverages
- Automotive & Aerospace
- Electronics Goods
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Third Party Logistics Services Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Third Party Logistics Services Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Third Party Logistics Services Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Third Party Logistics Services Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)