Water Softening Systems Market - Key Research Findings
- The global water softening systems market is expected to reach revenues worth ~US$ 9.4 Bn towards the end of 2019.
- The water softening systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~7% over the forecast period of 2019-2029.
- Leading manufacturers of water softening system manufacturers are primarily seeking better brand market positioning through strategic acquisitions, partnerships, and new launches.
- North America and Middle East & Africa (MEA) are projected to collectively account for ~47% of the revenue share in water softening systems market.
- Manufacturers operating in water softening systems market are eyeing lucrative opportunities in the electric water softening systems.
Key Factors Shaping Water Softening Systems Market
Demand for Ultra-Pure Water from Commercial and Industrial Sectors
With rising government-sponsored policies such as smart city, demand for soft water is mounting at a global level. This demand is expected to drive the global market growth for water softening systems. Among hard water geographical hubs, the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. are considered to be the core areas. Developing countries witnessing the growth of commercial and industrial sectors are also expected to bolster the sales of water softening systems in the long run.
Over the past few years, growth of pharmaceutical, semiconductor, food & beverage, and healthcare industries has led to increased demand for ultra-pure water, thereby This, in turn, is projected to propel the demand for water softening systems in the coming years.
Innovation in water treatment procedures, industrial filtration and equipment, majorly driven by rapid automation of the water treatment sector, would continue to boost the growth of market. In addition to commercial and residential sectors, growth of manufacturing industry is expected to lay a solid foundation for the growth of water softening systems market.
Opportunities Galore with Electrification
Timers and engines are primary components of electric water softening systems and are used to turn hard water into soft water automatically, and are not labor intensive. Owing to high water softening efficiency, electric water softening systems are experiencing significant adoption in lucrative markets such as the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. On the other side, the value share of non-electric systems is projected to grow 4.7X compared to that of the electric water softening systems.
With regard to cumulative $ potential, electric type water softening systems are expected to create an opportunity 5.7X that of the non-electric counterpart over the period of projection.
Increasing Deployment in Residential Sector
Owing to high installation frequency, the residential sector is expected to lead the global market for water softening systems throughout the forecast period. Though there exists competition from POU water purifiers, however gradually this trend is witnessing a shift towards increasing use of water softening systems for residential applications. The design category, i.e. mono pipe, twin tube, and multi tube, depends on water hardness and soft water demand.
Twin cylinder water softening systems are preferred to mono cylinder water softeners as they stop working when water hardness is high; hence, these are popular in developed regional markets. Furthermore, multi-cylinder water softening systems are expected to be enjoying high adoption in industries where soft water demand is high. However, multi-cylinder water softening systems are costlier as compared to mono and twin cylinder water softening systems.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Water Softening Systems Market Structure Analysis
- The global water softening systems market is highly fragmented due to the significant presence of small- & medium-sized manufacturers.
- Tier-1 players are anticipated to account for ~21.0 percent of the global market for water softening systems and generate a revenue of more than US$ 50 million in the market for water softening systems.
- Moreover, participants such as Hydroflux, Envicare Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Wychwood Water Systems Ltd., Pelican Water Systems, and Monarch Water Ltd. are relatively small market participants in the global water softening systems market.
- Water softening systems manufacturers will continue to rely on inorganic approaches such as mergers and acquisitions for a stronger foothold in target markets.
Water Softening Systems Market: Taxonomy
The global water softening systems market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to the reader.
- Mono Cylinder
- Twin Cylinder
- Multi Cylinder
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- SEA & APAC
- Middle East & Africa