This Auto Keratometer market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Auto Keratometer market.
Auto keratometers are instruments used for the measurement of the cornea surface curvature through a fixed chord length. They offer the peripheral and central curvatures of the cornea at various points, and are used for the determination of astigmatism.
Commercial keratometers are a combination of automated refractors and automated keratometry. Auto keratometers are commonly used for the determination of the actual refractive inaccuracy of the eye as well as the refractive power. Thus, the demand for auto keratometers is increasing significantly in hospitals, clinics, and diagnosis centers across the globe. Furthermore, auto keratometers also determine the pupil size and pupillary distance of the eye. These applications and end uses of auto keratometers are expected to fuel the growth of the market.
Increasing prevalence of astigmatism contributing to the demand growth of auto keratometer
Astigmatism is a common vision condition that causes blurred vision, eyestrain, and headaches. The prevalence of astigmatism has been on the rise across the globe due to the irregular curvature of the eye lens or cornea. This is boosting the demand for auto keratometers for the determination of astigmatism, and this is another factor that is expected to fuel the growth of the auto keratometer market during the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Introduction of advanced technology enabled auto keratometers boosting applicability & penetration
The incorrect determination of corneal curvature is likely to lead to complete astigmatism. To overcome these faults, vendors have manufactured automated keratometers. Moreover, the availability of technologically advanced auto keratometers that are integrated with glare testing and auto-refractors is boosting the auto keratometer market. In addition, improvements in auto keratometers have been introduced to reduce the measurement errors. These parameters have increased the adoption of auto keratometers among end users.
Auto Keratometer Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the global auto keratometer market are Topcon Corporation, Potec, Righton, GRAND SEIKO, BON Optic, Nidek Co., Ltd., TOMEY CORPORATION, Luneau Technology Group, and Coburn Technologies, Inc.
These key manufacturers are focusing on improving the features and specifications of auto keratometers. Moreover, manufacturers are focusing on acquisitions, partnerships, and merges for enhancing their product line, improving the automation technique, as well as for expanding their footprint in the global market.
On January 30, 2019, Topcon Corporation, one of the prominent manufacturers of auto keratometers, has announced a strategic partnership with Sumitomo Corporation in Indonesia for expanding its footprint in the global market, as well as boost its customer base.
Auto Keratometer Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of geography, developed economies, such as North America, are expected to hold a prominent share of the auto keratometer market due to an increase in the research and development expenditure by the government, as well as manufacturers in the field of healthcare. In Europe, countries such as Germany, France, and Italy hold a significant share of the auto keratometer market due to an increase in the prevalence of eye diseases and symptoms of astigmatism in these countries. The countries Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, such as India and China, also hold a significant share of the auto keratometer market owing to increasing awareness among the public about eye care and eye testing. Moreover, the governments of countries in the region are undertaking initiatives for the development of the healthcare sector. These factors are expected to fuel the growth of the auto keratometer market in the Asia Pacific Excluding Japan region during the forecast period.
The auto keratometer market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Auto Keratometer Market Segments
- Auto Keratometer Market Dynamics
- Auto Keratometer Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Market
- Value Chain of the Market
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Auto Keratometer Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Auto Keratometer Market: Segmentation
The global auto keratometer market has been segmented on the basis of product type, end use, and region.
The segmentation of the auto keratometer market on the basis of product type:
- Handheld auto keratometer
- Benchtop auto keratometer
The segmentation of the auto keratometer market on the basis of end use:
- Educational institutes
- Diagnosis centers
- Detailed overview of parent auto keratometer market
- Changing auto keratometer market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of auto keratometer market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Auto Keratometer Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Auto Keratometer Market . This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Auto Keratometer Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Auto Keratometer Market , FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.