This Automotive Tapes market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Tapes market.
Automotive Tapes market: Introduction
Globally, the tapes market represents approximately 42 billion square meters of tape material. Automotive tapes are the adhesive solution for the wide range of applications in the automotive industry which includes adhesive tapes for attachment part mounting, cable mounting, hole covering, interior mounting, mirror assembling, surface protection, wire harnessing, security labeling, mirror assembling, masking, etc. The automotive tapes play an important part in the vehicle manufacturing process from the body shop to final assembly point. The tapes are also used during the painting process of the vehicle to get good surface finish and protection. Some of the key manufacturers provide specialized automotive tapes for most of the applications to automobile manufacturers. The automotive tapes offer high strength, chemical resistance, Low VOC, and long-lasting adhesion to low surface energy materials according to automotive specifications. The tapes also come for the variety of applications to achieve greater fire retardancy, watertight sealing, foam bonding, and vibration & energy dampening. The adhesive solution provides a lightweight alternative to traditional methods of mechanical bolting or fastening. The wire harnessing tapes provide an efficient protection from damage to the wires present in the automobile systems. They are also used for attaching trim parts and bonding seals throughout the automobile body such as roof rails, spoiler, door & window seals, rocker panel molding, and parking sensors retainers.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Automotive Tapes: Market Dynamics
Globally, the rise in automobile production due to changing consumer preference towards convenient lifestyles has fuelled the demand for automobile tapes market. Also, the automotive tapes acts as a lightweight alternative solution to the traditional mechanical fasting and bolting techniques which is the efficient adhesive solution for the automotive applications. The alternative adhesive solutions may hamper the automotive tapes market in the near future. Also, the demand may fall due to increasing government regulations on the use of some non-recyclable plastics in most of the regions across the globe. The recent trends noticed in the automotive tapes market is the production of the specialized tapes for the specific application during the manufacturing process of the vehicles. Also, the tape manufacturers are targeting to sell their products to small vendors and workshop owners to increase the penetration of their products in the automobile market. Along with high-end use of these tapes in the automotive industry, they could also be used for the variety of other applications. The tape manufacturers could invest in the specialty tapes to leverage opportunity generated due to increase in its usage globally.
Automotive Tapes Market: Regional outlook
Geographically, the global automotive tapes market is segmented across following regions- North America, Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. The Europe followed by North America offer equal opportunities in the global automotive tapes market due to the high penetration of the automotive manufacturers in these regions. The Germany is expected to account for the major share in the European region. Also, the U.S. is expected to dominate the North America market in the automotive tapes market. The Asia-Pacific region comprises of the highest market share in the global automotive tapes market due to the high penetration of the tapes manufacturers in the region. The automotive tape market is fragmented in the Asia-Pacific which leads to high competition in the region. The Japan and MEA region also offer untapped growth potential in the automotive tapes market.
Automotive Tapes Market: Key players
Some of the key players in the global Automotive Tapes market are Tesa SE - A Beiersdorf Company, 3M Company, National Tape Corporation, Berry Global Inc., Avery Dennison Corporation, Scapa Group plc, ORAFOL Europe GmbH, Saint-Gobain Corporation, Maxell, Ltd., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Coroplast Tape Corporation, Tecman Speciality Materials Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Tapes Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Tapes: Market Segmentation
Automotive Tapes market segmentation by product type -
- Transfer Tapes
- Foam Tapes
- Specialty Tapes
Automotive Tapes market segmentation by backing material -
Automotive Tapes market segmentation by application -
- Wire Harnessing
- Surface Protection
- Security Labelling
- Interior Mounting
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Automotive Tapes Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Automotive Tapes Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Automotive Tapes Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Automotive Tapes Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)