This Axillary Hyperhidrosis Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Axillary Hyperhidrosis Treatment market.
Axillary hyperhidrosis is characterized by excessive sweating, primarily in the armpits. Axillary hyperhidrosis arises due to genetic causes or physical and emotional stress and family history exists in approximately 30% of the cases. According to American Academy of Dermatology, Axillary hyperhidrosis affects 3% of the population in the U.S. Axillary hyperhidrosis begins in the childhood or in adolescence. Even though Axillary hyperhidrosis is primarily a physical burden, it may deteriorate quality of life by affecting work and social life and causes significant physiological distress. Patients with axillary hyperhidrosis sweat five times the amount needed to regulate body temperature. However, treatment for axillary hyperhidrosis is readily available and involves topical oral as well as surgical treatment. Choice of treatment depends on severity and affordability, as majority of treatment do not involve reimbursement except surgical treatment. Under CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) only 3 treatments with Botulinum toxin A are reimbursed in a year. Topical treatment with antiperspirant solutions such as Driclor (aluminium chloride hexahydrate), corticosteroid creams etc. are recommended in mild cases. Subcutaneous injection of Botulinum toxin A is recommended in severe cases. Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS) is rarely recommended due to less effectiveness of treatment and availability of better alternatives.
Axillary Hyperhidrosis Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Axillary Hyperhidrosis Market: Segmentation
The global axillary hyperhidrosis market has been classified on the basis of treatment, distribution channel and geography.
Axillary Hyperhidrosis Market: Overview
On the basis of treatment, topical treatment segment is expected to contribute high revenue share to global axillary hyperhidrosis treatment. Among oral medications for axillary hyperhidrosis treatment, anticholinergic tablets are most frequently prescribed. Emerging new techniques such as non-surgical microwave energy destruction of sweat glands using miraDry technology would further flourish the volume for axillary hyperhidrosis treatment market over the forecast period of 2017–2027. Many other treatment procedures are being studied in the clinical trials, which are expected to launch during the forecast period. For instance, Ulthera, Inc. is evaluating Ulthera system – a microfocused ultrasound system for destruction of sweat glands. Candela Corp. in collaboration with is developing diode laser treatment device for axillary hyperhidrosis treatment Success of these treatment options depends on the acceptance by the physicians and adoption of treatment by patients.
Axillary Hyperhidrosis Market: Regional Overview
Geographically, the global axillary hyperhidrosis treatment market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is expected to lead the global axillary hyperhidrosis market due to high prevalence. In 2014, 1.3 Mn population in the U.S. was suffering from axillary hyperhidrosis in the U.S. Moreover, extensive clinical trials in the region would further accelerate the market growth. Asia Pacific axillary hyperhidrosis market is expected to witness delayed growth due to lack of knowledge on advanced treatment options
Axillary Hyperhidrosis Market: Key Players
Some of the key players identified in global axillary hyperhidrosis market are GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Allergan Inc. Miramar Labs, Inc., Ulthera, Inc., Candela Corp., Dr. August Wolff GmbH & Co. KG Arzneimittel, Nuvisan GmbH, FGK Clinical Research GmbH, etc. among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Axillary Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on treatment, the global axillary hyperhidrosis market is divided into following:
- Topical Treatments
- Topical Creams & Solutions (e.g. Driclor)
- Botulinum toxin type A (botox) injections
- Oral Pills
- Anticholinergic (e.g. oxybutynin, glycopyrrolate, propantheline bromide)
- Non-surgical Microwave Energy Destruction of Sweat Glands
- Endoscopic Thoracic Surgery (ETS)
Based on the distribution channel, the global axillary hyperhidrosis market is divided into following:
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Drug Stores
- Online Prescription Stores
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint