This Feed Flavors market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Feed Flavors market.
Global Feed Flavors: Market Outlook
Feed flavors are basically the compounds that result in the enhancement of the smell and taste of the feed. This improvement of the feed stimulates the feed intake of the animals. In other words, feed flavors can also be known as palatability modifiers.
Palatability is a feature of feed that summons a sensory response in the animal. Livestock animals generally deny the consumption of feed contaminated with unwanted materials and smell. The best solution for this is flavor additives that make the feed consumable for the animals.
Growth in Demand for Livestock Amplifies Demand for Feed Flavor Market
Animals rely on their sense of taste and smell to assess desirable feed. The live stocks are very sensitive to the changes of taste or flavor in the diet. Bitter tastes or odd odors could lead to low feed intake. This would directly have a negative effect on the yields of milk and reduced return on investment for producers since recover milk production takes time.
To overcome these entire adverse situations, feed flavor plays a significant role. Some studies suggest that older dairy cows prefer citric tastes and aroma. The addition of feed flavor imparts both taste and aroma to the feedstuffs, which maintain consistency in the feed consumption.
The various flavors that can be used caramel toffee, coconut essence, dairy essence, garlic, peppermint, citrus, strawberry, and others. In this manner, the feed flavor market is fuelled up with an increase in the demand and mass production of dairy products.
Global Feed Flavor Market: Drivers and opportunities
There exist bitter tastes in the animal feed due to some essential feed additives such as vitamins, minerals, fibers, and others that are healthy for the gut of the digestive tract in the animals. Feed flavors help in neutralizing this bitterness and also act as an antibiotics alternative in the feed.
This features of feed flavor increases its usage in animal feed products that boost up the growth of the feed flavor market. An increase in the demand for healthy meat products for human consumption has led to the growth of feed flavor markets. Since feed flavors when added to feed additives raise the nutritional value of animal feed.
The trials showed that flavored starter feed for calf has positively impacted the transition from pre-ruminant to a functioning ruminant. The average daily weight gain of calf increased significantly by 21% compared to calf fed with unflavored feed.
This further increases importance of feed flavor and catalyzes the feed flavor market. Owing to the necessity and benefits of the flavor, feed manufacturers can expand their product lines by adding up new and innovative feed flavors. The presence of strong players in the feed flavors market may give strong competition to the new entrants.
Global Feed Additive Market: Key players
Some of the key market players of the feed flavors market
- Kemin Industry
- Prinova Group
- BIOMIN Holding GmbH
- Origination O2D
- Kerry Group
- Pestell Minerals and Ingredients Inc.
- Bell Flavors & Fragrances
On 7th January 2020, Pestell Minerals & Ingredients Inc. has completed the acquisition of Origination O2D. This strategic acquisition will lead to expansion of Pestell Nutrition’s geographical footprint, strengthen logistics and distribution network, enhance product portfolio.
In 2017, Nutriad which is one of the leading producers of feed flavor and sweeteners has acquired nearly 45% of share stake of Feed Flavour International(FFI) and further aims to extend its ownership to 100%. This would strengthen the market position of Nutriad in the emerging markets of China.
Global Feed Flavor Market: Regional Analysis
Asia-Pacific contributes to the largest share of the global feed flavor market due to the presence well-established livestock industry followed by Latin America. This region also leads to animal husbandry which has resulted in the significant growth of the feed flavor market in this area. This growth scenario is expected to remain steady in Asia-Pacific.
Thus, there exist a lot of opportunities for the manufacturers to expand business in this region with the advancement of research and innovative products. Whereas North America is expected to witness a steady growth rate for the feed flavor market due to decreasing demand for dairy and meat products.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Feed Flavors Market Segment
- Feed Flavors Market Dynamics
- Feed Flavors Market Size
- Feed Flavors Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Feed Flavors Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Feed Flavors Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Feed Flavors
- Value Chain Analysis of the Feed Flavors Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Feed Flavors Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Feed Flavor Market: Segmentation
On the basis of nature, global feed flavors market can be segmented as:-
On the basis of form, global feed flavors market can be segmented as:-
On the basis of animal, global feed flavors market can be segmented as:-
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the Feed Flavors market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Feed Flavors market
- Competitive landscape of the Feed Flavors market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Feed Flavors market performance
- Must-have information for Feed Flavors market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Feed Flavors Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Feed Flavors Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Feed Flavors Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Feed Flavors Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)