This Global Baby Personal Care market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Baby Personal Care market.
The overall baby personal care products market is segmented into hair care, skin care, toiletries, fragrances and convenience products among others. The toiletries and skin care segments are major contributors of revenue to the global baby personal care products market. This trend is expected to continue during forecast period 2014–2020. Currently, the baby hair care segment is the lowest contributor in terms of revenue in the global market. This segment however, is expected to grow favourably in the near future. Sun care is a sub-segment of the baby skin care segment and contributes a substantially low revenue to the global baby personal care products market. Furthermore, increasing use of baby shower gel is expected to drive growth of this market during the forecast period.
The baby care personal products market is largely driven by increasing births in developing countries and also due to increasing awareness of consumers about child hygiene. This is further supported by increasing disposable income and changing lifestyle of consumers in developing countries. Furthermore, couples married and parenting while in their mid-thirties to mid-forties are considered to be more financially stable, thus resulting in higher spending capacity for baby care products. Additionally, increase in number of working mothers globally is also driving the market. This growth is attributed to increased purchasing power and hence, substantially higher spending on baby care products. Among all segments of the baby personal care products market, the baby skin care products and toiletries segments collectively contributed the highest share in terms of revenue in 2011. Furthermore, these two segments are expected to witness double-digit growth in terms of revenue by 2017. Baby personal care products comprising organic ingredients is also expected to contribute to growth of the baby personal care products market during the forecast period. However, growth of this product type is expected to be relatively slower compared to that of other types. This is attributed to the fact that organic baby care products fall under the premium class range, and cost comparatively more than regular products.
Baby diapers is a sub-segment of the toiletries segment and is a key category driving growth in the overall baby care personal products market. Rising birth rate, improving economic conditions and rapid urbanization in developing countries is fuelling growth of the overall baby diapers market. The various stringent regulations to ensure the use of environment-friendly materials however, are posing challenges for baby diaper manufacturing companies. Other challenges include ensuring that these products are available to consumers at affordable prices, and they are non-toxic in nature and skin-friendly. These are some of the anticipated restraining factors for this sub-segment.
Some restraining factors of the overall baby personal care market include substantially high product development and innovation costs, which results into high pricing of final products. Also, strict regulations regarding the use of chemicals is another restraint for the overall baby personal care products market. Additionally, these products need to undergo clinical trials, which incurs high costs, to ensure that they are deemed fit for human consumption.
Some key players in the baby personal care market Alliance Boots, Asda Group Ltd., Avon, Beiersdorf, Bonpoint, Burt’s Bees, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Ltd., Kimberly-Clark (U.K.), L’Oreal, Marks & Spencer, Nivea, Oral B Laboratories Ltd., Procter & Gamble, Unilever and others.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies and types. The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Baby Personal Care Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Baby Personal Care Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Baby Personal Care Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Baby Personal Care Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Baby Personal Care Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Baby Personal Care Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.