This High Performance Barrier Films market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving High Performance Barrier Films market.
Global high-performance barrier films: Overview
Growth of high-performance barrier films depends on busy consumer lifestyle and constant demand for on-the-go and convenience products. High-performance barrier films primary function is to protect the product from moisture and oxygen. High-performance barrier films fulfills the increasing demand for barrier protection for aroma, flavor, UV radiation, carbon dioxide and chemicals. Food packaging accounts for almost 70% in the global high-performance barrier films demand. High-performance barrier films are manufactured using resins such as PET, EVOH, PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), PVdC, polyamide, polyethylene naphthalene (PEN), aluminum and others. High-performance barrier films find application in industries including packaging, construction, automobile, electronics & electricals. High-performance barrier films exhibit features such as chemical resistivity, high tear strength and high tensile strength. Advancement in technology, particularly in fields such as pharmaceutical drug formulation, electronics, food processing. Technological advancement in high-performance barrier films has increased demand for protective packaging and solutions which improve the shelf-life of the product while maintaining low permeation rate and its integrity. The growth of non-food markets such as pharmaceuticals and cosmetics and toiletries is much higher than food high-performance barrier films application. High-performance barrier films resin manufacturers continue to develop and improve plastic films and additives for packaging production.
Global high-performance barrier films: Dynamics
Rising demand for high-performance barrier films in solar PVs and semiconductor insulations expected to boost demand. Additionally, high-performance barrier films are used in food processing industry and pharmaceutical blister packaging, which is expected to fuel the demand during the forecast period. Over 65% of high-performance barrier films are used for packaging purpose. Growing application of chemically inert and flexible material for packaging food and beverages is likely to fuel high-performance barrier films growth. The rising consumer awareness for food hygiene and safety is expected to boost demand for high-performance barrier films.
Some high-performance barrier films manufacturers are adopting sustainability strategies by creating renewable cellulose-based barrier and biodegradable films. For instance Innovia Films and Sappi Fine Paper Europe have combined their compostable substrates – Innovia’s ‘NatureFlex’ and Sappi’s ‘Algro Nature’ – that provides a packaging solution that offers for either industrial or home composting.
The demand for food with a high quality and most importantly longer shelf life has led to the increase in the demand for multilayer film structures that can keep the food product fresh or consumable for several days. Recycling becomes a particular problem with multi - layer barrier films structures containing more than one type of plastic. As high-performance barrier films are difficult to separate and may hamper the growth.
Global high-performance barrier films: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the high-performance barrier films market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa (MEA). The US & Germany is expected to be a mature market in the high-performance barrier films market. While, India & China are expected to witness the maximum growth of high-performance barrier films during the forecast period mainly due to the changing consumer life style and the demand for packaging that increases the shelf life of the product. Emerging and developing economies such as India, Indonesia, and Vietnam etc. are forecast to grow at twice the rate of matured countries such as the US, Germany, Italy, France etc. and offer the lucrative opportunities for the high-performance barrier films market. GCC Countries and South Africa are also expected to experience an above average growth in the high-performance barrier films market.
Global high-performance barrier films: Key Manufacturers
- Avery Dennison Israel Ltd
- Sigma Technologies Int'l, LLC
- Cosmo Films Limited
- Jindal Poly Films Limited
- Perlen Packaging AG
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Toray Plastics (America), Inc.
- Taghleef Industries LLC.
- Klöckner Pentaplast Europe GmbH & Co
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with cosmetic containers market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key High Performance Barrier Films Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global high-performance barrier films: Segmentation
On the basis of material, the Global high-performance barrier films market is segmented on the basis of material in to:
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polylactic acid
On the basis of material, the Global high-performance barrier films market is segmented on the basis of packaging format in to:
- Bags & Pouches
- Stand-up Pouches
- Tray Lidding Films
- Forming Webs
- Wrapping Films
- Blister Pack Base Webs
On the basis of material, the Global high-performance barrier films market is segmented on the basis of end-use in to:
- Food & Beverage
- Agriculture & Allied Industries
- A detailed overview of the high-performance barrier films market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the high-performance barrier films market
- Historical, current, and projected size of the high-performance barrier films market, regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in the high-performance barrier films market
- Strategies for key players operating in the and products offered by them
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on performance of the high-performance barrier films market
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance the high-performance barrier films market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from High Performance Barrier Films Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying High Performance Barrier Films Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the High Performance Barrier Films Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the High Performance Barrier Films Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)