This Pla Cup market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pla Cup market.
PLA Cup Market: An Overview
PLA plastic, or polylactic acid, is a bio-based plastic manufactured from renewable raw materials such as corn starch-based resin and is environment-friendly. PLA requires significantly less energy as compared to conventional plastic to mold into containers. The fabrication of PLA consumes 68 percent fewer fuel resources when compared to traditional plastics and emits decidedly fewer greenhouse gases and has emerged as the world’s first greenhouse-gas-neutral polymer. The advantage of using PLA cup is the excellent recyclability. PLA cup has emerged as an alternative solution to conventional paper and plastic cups. Among the three plastic cups- Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), and Polylactic Acid (PLA) cup is the only biodegradable and compostable. Owing to its advantages such as biodegradability and recyclability, PLA cup market is expected to create up surging opportunities for PLA cup manufacturers. PLA cups are similar to conventional plastic cups and are available in various capacities such as up to 10 oz, 10 to 15 oz, and 15 to 25 oz. The demand for the molded fiber cups is going to increase during the forecast period due to wider consumer acceptance for its sustainability.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
PLA Cup Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global market for PLA cup is anticipated to grow in the upcoming years, owing to benefits of PLA cups over regular plastic cups. One of the key drivers for the growth of the PLA cup market is the 100% biodegradability. PLA cups can withstand a wide range of temperatures 0°C to 70°C and can be used for serving cold as well as hot food & beverage products. Initiative taken against the consumption of disposable plastic products and by adopting eco-friendly products by food serving outlets is trending in the PLA cup market. For instance, McDonald’s and Starbucks began a collaboration and announced to develop cups made of polylactic acid, that are compostable, recyclable, or both. Along with this, the PLA cup offers printability for branding and promotion on its surface and has no plastic lining on its edge, which makes them easily recyclable. These are the factors fuelling the demand for PLA cup in the foodservice disposables market. The global PLA market is anticipated to have a positive outlook during the forecast period.
Despite the positive outlook, some factors are restraining the growth of the global PLA cup market, owing to ease in availability of alternative products such as standard plastic cups. The global market for PLA cups is anticipated to face strong competition from plastic cups market. Furthermore, few manufacturers are operating in the global PLA cups market. Along with this, the production cost of PLA cups is high as compared to the alternative such as PP cups and PET cups. These factors might hamper the growth of the global PLA market during the forecast period.
PLA Cup Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global PLA cup market has been divided into seven key regions- North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Middle East & Africa, and Japan.
PLA Cup Market: Some of the Key players
Some of the key players operating in PLA cup market are- Avani Eco Hub, Biopac (UK) Ltd, Celebration Paper & Plastics Ltd., Eco-Products, Inc., Green Paper Products, Betterearth Llc, among others. Many local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global PLA Cup market during the forecast period.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with PLA Cup market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on PLA Cup market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pla Cup Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
PLA Cup Market: Segmentation
Globally, the PLA cup market has been categorized on the basis of capacity, sales channel, application, and end-use.
On the basis of capacity, the global PLA cup market has been segmented as-
- Up to 10 oz
- 10 to 15 oz
- 15 to 20 oz
- 20 to 25 oz
On the basis of sales channel, the global PLA cup market has been segmented as-
- Manufacturers (Direct Sales)
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Discount Stores & Warehouse
On the basis of application, the global PLA cup market has been segmented as-
- Carbonated beverages
- Iced Tea/Coffee
- Fruit Juices
- Alcoholic beverages
- Ice Creams
- Other Food & Beverage Products
On the basis of end-use, the global PLA cup market has been segmented as
- Restaurants & Motels
- Bars & Lounges
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pla Cup Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pla Cup Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pla Cup Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pla Cup Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)