This Plant Based Food Colors Market market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Plant Based Food Colors Market market.
Plant Based Food Colors Market- Introduction
Plant based food colors are made using plant-based materials using natural ingredients such as beetroot, carrot, and kale. Producers are incorporating plant-based colors in their food products as consumers are focusing on including natural and organic food products to maintain overall health. Manufacturers in the plant based food colors market are constantly focusing on new plant sources to produce vibrant colors and meet the growing demand for new color shades in the food and beverages industry.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Plant Based Food Colors Market- Notable Highlights
Plant Based Food Colors Market Dynamics
Rising Demand for Clean Label Products Driving Plant Based Food Colors Market Growth
Growing demand for clean label products from customers is one of the significant reasons for the growth of plant based food colors. Owing to the evolving dietary pattern and focus of consumer towards healthy lifestyle is enforcing manufacturers to use plant-based food color instead of synthetic food colors.
Processed food and beverage producers are focusing on using natural, plant-based and non-GMO color products as consumers consistently look for ways to eat and drink healthier. Many companies in the food industry are also launching new food products with plant-based food colors with consumers purchasing snacks made using plant based colors. Moreover, growing popularity of colorful food among millennials, food producers are looking for competitive edge by using new plant based color shades in their products.
Sweet Potato Gaining Popularity in Plant Based Food Color Market
Sweet potato varieties range in color from red, brown, purple, orange, yellow, and white, thus gaining popularity in the plant based food color market. A new variety of sweet potato has emerged as an alternative to carmine and other artificial and synthetic colors while offering natural and vibrant red color for various food products.
Hansen sweet potato™ has been developed using traditional method. With selective breeding for over 10 years, Hansen sweet potato, a highly pigmented vegetable offering bright red color similar to the color provided by carmine. Another variety, Okinawan sweet potato also known as purple sweet potato with presence of high anthocyanin content is finding wide application in food products as plant based food colors.
Production and Shelf-life of Plant Based Food Color to Remain Longstanding Challenge
Production and shelf-life are the two biggest challenges in plant based food colors market. One of the primary reasons for synthetic and artificial food colors is the low cost of production as compared to natural and plant based food colors. Moreover, artificial food colors can be produced on a large scale as there is no need for harvesting and processing, unlike plant based food colors.
Moreover, artificial food colors have long shelf-life as compared to the plant based food colors. Although plant based food colors may work well with certain perishable food items, artificial food colors have proved to work best for packaged food products and last long. Other factor hampering the growth of plant based food colors is the limitation in terms of the options available and reaction or change occurring when mixed with various food products. Moreover, deriving from natural and plant sources, plant based food colors are more expensive than synthetic colors.
Plant Based Food Colors Market Segmentation
The report on the plant based food colors market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness on the plant based food colors market. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on plant based food colors market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Plant Based Food Colors Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Some of the leading players in the plant based food colors market are Archer Daniels Midland Company, D.D. Williamson & Co. Inc., Sensient Technology Corporation, Doehler Group, Chr. Hansen A/S, FMC Corporation, NATUREX Group, and Kalsec Inc. Notable developments in competitive landscape of plant based food colors market include,
- Naturex has developed spirulina-based food color to meet the demand for natural green and blue shades in bakery and confectionery industry. Spirulina is a blue-green alga, grown in aquatic farms, known for vibrant color, high nutrient and ant-oxidant properties.
- ColorKitchen has expanded into food coloring consultation with rise in number of food producers and chefs seeking to incorporate plant-based colors in their products.
- Perennial has launched a plant-based, ready-to-drink beverage targeting older consumers. The product is free from artificial colors, sweeteners, gluten, with no cholesterol and lactose.
Based on the product, plant based food colors market is segmented into
Based on application, the plant based food colors market is segmented into
- Confectionary and Bakery Products
- Packaged Food/Frozen Products
- Dairy Food Products
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Plant Based Food Colors Market Segments
- Plant Based Food Colors Market Dynamics
- Plant Based Food Colors Market Size
- Plant Based Food Colors Market Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Plant Based Food Colors Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Plant Based Food Colors Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing in Plant Based Food Colors Market
- Value Chain Analysis of the Plant Based Food Colors Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the plant based food colors market in the industry
- In-depth plant based food colors market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected plant based food colors market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the plant based food colors market
- Competitive landscape of the plant based food colors market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in the plant based food colors market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on plant based food colors market performance
- Must-have information for plant based food colors market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint