This Process Pipe Coating market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Process Pipe Coating market.
Pipe coating is a technique which utilizes protective materials to protect a pipe from corrosion and abrasion. Based on the requirement, the coating used can either be of a single or triple layer. Pipe coatings are important to protect a pipe from harmful environmental components, such as moisture, ultra violet rays, acid, carbon dioxide, hydrogen disulfide, etc. as these components are capable of directly meddling with performance, reliability, durability and flow of a pipe. Coatings on a pipe are applied both internally and externally. External corrosion frequently occurs in the form of oxide materialization when water comes in contact with air. Internal corrosion, on the other hand, frequently occurs due to the presence of active chemicals present in the liquid flowing through a pipe. These active chemicals react with the material of pipe, resulting in internal corrosion. The selection of a suitable coating depends on various factors, some of which are performance, economic concerns, regulatory consideration, chemical properties of the fluid, flammability and viscosity. Powder coating offers better durability and environmental benefits as it does not emit VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). The oil and gas industry is the leading end user of the global process pipe coating market as the pipes in this industry are subjected to significantly corrosive and harsh environmental conditions while oil extraction and transportation.
Though there are various other corrosion prevention methods, such as current catholic protection and sacrificial anode, these methods are not very effective. Pipe coating is perceived to be the most consistent method for corrosion prevention, which can be a major contributor to market growth.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Robust growth of end use industries, such as oil and gas, is anticipated to be a prime force triggering the growth of process pipe coating market. Transportation of crucial liquids through pipelines requires proper maintenance of pipes to avoid losses. Governments around the world are putting strict regulations regarding VOCs, which creates the need for the development of new and eco-friendly products such as water-based coatings, which is anticipated to drive market’s growth. Focus of government across major regions to enhance sewage and potable water infrastructure is also anticipated to supplement market growth over the forecast period.
Increasing raw material cost, which further adds to the cost of manufacturing, may prove to be a major challenge for the global process pipe coating market over the forecast period.
Preference for abrasion resistance overlay (ARO) is growing in the process pipe coatings market. ARO is designed to protect FBE (Fusion bonded epoxy) coated pipes during directional applications, such as thrust bore, river crossing and slick bore.
Process Pipe Coating Market: Segmentation
Process Pipe Coating Market: Key Participants:
Process Pipe Coating Market: Region-wise Outlook:
North America is anticipated to be the dominant region in the global process pipe coatings market owing to the increase in natural gas production from shale formation. Middle East and Africa (MEA), especially Saudi Arabia and Qatar, will closely follow North America and expected to be major markets for process pipe coating because of high production of petroleum and other liquids in the region. It is expected that Asia-Pacific will witness significant growth in the global process pipe coating market during the forecast period. China, Indonesia and India are anticipated to emerge as fast growing countries in the global process pipe coating market. In Europe, given the decreasing gas production in the Dutch field, the market in this region is anticipated to witness relatively lower growth over the forecast period.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the process pipe coating market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Process Pipe Coating Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The global process pipe coating market can be segmented on the basis of form into:
- Power coating
- Water-based coating
- Solvent-based coating
The global process pipe coating market can be segmented on the basis of product type into:
- Thermoplastic polymer coating
- Polyurethane coating
- Metallic coating
- Cadmium plating
- Fusion merged epoxy ash coating
- Concrete coating
- Asphalt coating
- Coal tar enamel coating
The global process pipe coating market can be segmented on the basis of end users into:
- Chemical processing
- Oil and gas industry
Some of the key players identified across the value chain of the global process pipe coating market include:
- Shawcor Ltd.
- The Bayou Companies
- Arkema S.A.
- Lyonde||Base||IndustriesHolding B.V.
- L.B.Foster Ball Winch
- BASF SE
- AKZO Nobel N.V.
- Covestro AG
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Wasco Energy Group of Companies
- Celanese Corporation
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Process Pipe Coating Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Process Pipe Coating Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Process Pipe Coating Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Process Pipe Coating Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.