Stone Paper Market Overview
The current valuation of the stone paper market in 2022 is US$ 4.09 billion and it is projected to grow at a modest CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period to reach a market value of US$ 7.11 billion by 2032.
Market Valuation (2022)
US$ 4.09 Billion
Market Valuation (2032)
US$ 7.11 Billion
Stone paper is neither pulp nor synthetic made paper but it is a kind of extremely durable, highly strong and ecofriendly paper which is also known as rock paper, rich mineral paper, paper from waste marble. Density range of stone paper is 1.0-1.6, which equals to or more than ordinary paper, and a texture somewhat like peel of a boiled egg. The stone paper can be recycled re-formed into stone paper again, which is not recyclable but is photo.
degradable and compostable under commercial conditions. Stone paper is appropriate for packaging, bags, stationery, wrappers, adhesives, grease proof paper, containers and many other applications. Stone paper market has positive outlook as a result of packaging industries. The escalation in packaging industry attributed by need for effective labelling and high-quality option, to improve the aesthetics of the packaged product.
The major factors driving the growth of the market are
- Increasing concerns about the usage of plastic due to its environmentally detrimental properties.
- Recent restrictions on the use of plastic, especially single-use plastics in different nations for packaging.
- Brands want to increasingly put forth a sustainable ethos and are looking for plastic alternatives for packaging.
- Stone paper is highly durable as compared to traditional paper or plastic alternatives
- Technological advancement has enhanced and eased the production process of stone paper.
- Globally rising awareness regarding the need for adopting sustainable alternatives to plastic and conventional paper for day-to-day usage.
- Due to the alluring aesthetic quality of stone paper, it finds application in packaging.
- Spike in demand for durable and sustainable packaging materials, globally due to the explosion of the e-commerce industry.
Despite a promising market growth outlook, the stone paper market is impacted by certain key market deterrents
- High cost of stone paper, compared to conventional paper and plastic
- Highly fluctuating prices of raw materials used by stone paper manufacturers.
Key Global Stone Paper Market Trends
- By application, the packaging paper segment is projected to dominate the global market at a valuation of about 45%. This is primarily due to the increased durability and sustainability of stone paper, which combines the qualities of regular paper and plastic. Such factors make it ideal for safe packaging.
- Food and beverage brands find an extensive application of self-adhesive stone paper.
- It is also currently finding application in the construction industry due to features such as easy usage, 2D/3D appearance, and diverse choices.
- In the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector, stone paper finds application in the manufacture of mold/cast.
- Diverse applications across various manufacturing industries for pharmaceutical boxes, jewelry casings, shoe boxes, and such.
Due to rapidly deteriorating environmental conditions in the developing nations of the Asia-Pacific, stone paper is projected to find extensive application in the region. During the forecast period, the region is expected to be the largest revenue generator for the global market with a market share of about 48%.
The consolidated, and highly developed e-commerce market of the developed nations of the North American region steadily contribute to market growth. Stringent laws and high awareness of sustainable practices have increased the demand for high-quality stone paper in the region.
In European nations such as the U.K., Italy, and Germany, there is a steady demand for wood and plastic alternatives, catered to by the growing stone paper market in the region.
Global Stone Paper Market: Dynamics
Stone paper is a new type of paper making technology that can be recyclable with modern technology in high polymer interface. Its main raw material is the most abundant in mineral resources calcium carbonate with high polymer material and variety of inorganic matter as auxiliary material. The increasing application scope of the product in the packaging, labeling, and self-adhesive paper is attributed to the slight ecological impacts, with regards to usage of energy, water, carbon emissions, and deforestation.
The new product development along with investment in R&D for the advancement in manufacturing techniques have been the major strategy adopted by the manufacturers. The major issues faced by the industry are related to environment regulation on mining activities. The market is highly competitive owing to the presence of large number of suppliers worldwide.
Global Stone Paper Market: Regional Overview
Due to technology advancement in North America, this region is expected to witness higher growth rate during forecast period. Europe is also expected to account for second highest growth after North America due to demand of packaging application in European countries such as Russia and Germany. Asia pacific, dominated by China is expected to register highest growth in term of volume in global stone paper market during forecast year due to high demand of ecofriendly packaging, easy available raw material in this region, low cost of production and large numbers of manufacturers.
Global Stone Paper Market: Key Players
The main player of this market such are Stone Paper Company Ltd, Sòluz Stone Paper S.A, Kapstone Paper, Taiwan Lung Meng Technology Co. Ltd., Gaia-Concept BV, Parax Paper, packaging corporation.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology, and applications.
The Report covers exhaust Analysis on
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends /Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
Regional Analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative, and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Stone Paper Market: Segmentation
The global market of stone paper market can be segmented on the basis of material type, application and region.
On the basis of material:
- calcium carbonate
- high density polyethylene
On the basis of application:
- labeling papers
- packaging paper
- self-adhesive paper
On the basis of region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ)
- The Middle East and Africa