The demand for food additives to enhance the food quality of animal nutrition products is witnessing an upsurge globally. As a result, the adoption of enhanced fodder has increased in several animal husbandry branches, especially pig farming. Swine feed production is expected to register a significant boost, owing to the rise in the global consumption of pork. In order to avoid spread epizootic diseases caused due to improper nutrition, the global swine husbandry sector is anticipated to increase the demand for healthy and functional swine feed.
Additionally, the increasing awareness about the health of a pig has resulted in consumers compelling the pig farmers to use swine feed products that keep the pigs immune from enzootic disorders. Also, the use of enhanced swine feed is expected to lower the incidence rate of animal epidemics, thereby fuelling the demand in the global swine feed market.
Global Swine Feed Market: Growth Drivers
The global market for swine feed will continue to grow, owing to the global trend of maintaining the optimum health of domesticated meat animals such as pigs. Providing better swine feed for pig husbandry ensures the health of the consumer eating the pork meat, creating an indirect impact of the health of the global pork-eating human population. Besides this, the other key factors driving the growth of the global swine feed market include,
- Growing demand for quality pork
Pork is one of the most-consumed meat in the world, and its culinary experimentations have resulted in the rise in demand for quality pork, which can be harvested only through the feeding quality swine food to the pigs.
- Escalating pork prices
The growing consumption of pork is inflating the prices of pork. This has benefitted the pig farmers in earning more income, which has supplemented the adoption of quality swine feed.
- Increasing instances of disease outbreak
The rising incidences of disease outbreak due to consumption of infected pork meat has influenced the demand for enhanced swine feed that optimises the health of pigs.
Asia Pacific: A Leading Key Region for Swine Feed
The global market for swine feed is geographically segmented into seven key regions of the world. Among them, China will continue to have the highest concentration of pig population. The demand for swine feed is anticipated to be relatively high in Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand, among other Asia Pacific countries. Europe and North America are expected to continue being the leading regions in terms of pork consumption. The US is expected to be one of the key regions favouring the growth in the number of swine feed producers and manufacturers.
To improve the feed production, the swine feed manufacturers are expanding the business by introducing key nutritional elements from corn and soybean into the swine meal. The key companies identifies as the leading competitors of the global swine feed market include, Chr Hansen, Royal DSM Holdings Limited, Lallemand Inc., BASF Limited, Novus International Inc., Kent foods, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill Inc., ABF Plc., and Alltech Inc., among others.
The Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Swine Feed Market Segments
- Swine Feed Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 – 2016 for Global Swine Feed Market
- Swine Feed Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Swine Feed Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved in Global Swine Feed Market
- Value Chain
- Global Swine Feed Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Global Swine Feed Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Swine Feed Market: Segmentation
Apart from the geographical classification, the global swine feed market is further segmented on the basis of fodder classifications, the types of feed additives and the elemental essence of the swine feed.
Based on the fodder classifications, the market can be segmented into,
- Sow feed
- Starter feed
- Pig grower feed
On the basis of the feed additive types, the market is classified into,
- Zootechnical feed additives
- Sensory feed additives
- Nutritional feed additives
Furthermore, the market is also segmented on the basis of the feed essence such as,
- Feed acidifiers
- Feed enzymes
- Amino acids
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the Global Swine Feed industry
- In-depth market segmentation of Global Swine Feed industry
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value of Global Swine Feed industry
- Recent industry trends and developments of Global Swine Feed industry
- Competitive landscape of Global Swine Feed industry
- Strategies of key players and product offerings in the Global Swine Feed industry
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth in Global Swine Feed industry
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.