This Titanium Free Food Color Alternatives market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Titanium Free Food Color Alternatives market.
Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market - Introduction
The growing trend for natural and organic food color is resulting in shift from titanium dioxide, a synthetic ingredient, towards titanium-free food color alternatives and extracting food colors from alternative natural sources. Natural food color sources include astaxanthin, beta carotene, annatto, and anthocyanin. Other ingredients that can be used as an alternative to titanium are silica dioxide and calcium phosphate in food colors.
Increasing consumer preference for food products free from synthetic colors is resulting in the growing demand for titanium-free food color alternatives. Reformulation of food products by food companies is rising to replace synthetic colors with natural colors. This is leading towards the development of titanium dioxide alternatives. Moreover, considering widespread food-related use of titanium dioxide, there is a growing pressure to review sustainability of studies supporting risk assessment of titanium dioxide particles as food additives.
Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market-Notable Highlights
- With EFSA’s re-evaluation of titanium oxide as a food additive, companies are focusing on developing alternatives. For instance, in 2018, BIOGRUND developed AquaPolish® to replace titanium dioxide, while providing white film coating for oral solid dosage.
- In 2018, Sepifilm White TF was introduced as titanium dioxide free white film coating agent for food supplements in form of tablets. The product was developed to meet growing demand for titanium-free food color alternatives from manufacturers and consumers of food supplements.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market Dynamics
Growing Demand for Natural and Organic Food Products from Consumers
Titanium dioxide is the most common additive in food products to provide color and texture. However, growing trend for consumption of natural and organic food products is resulting in manufacturers using titanium-free food color alternatives such as silica dioxide, calcium phosphate, and rice starch. In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the requests from consumer groups for titanium-free alternatives in food products.
Manufacturers are also developing new products as titanium-free food color alternatives. For instance, Sensient Food Colors launched Avalanche™ natural white opacifier as titanium dioxide alternative. Another company Norevo also launched Quick White to replace titanium dioxide to produce light colored dragees.
Even though titanium dioxide is believed to have no toxicity, increasing number of studies are suggesting possibility of safety concerns, with need for further research. For instance, titanium dioxide is undergoing re-evaluation for human consumption in Europe, while it is already banned in Germany.
Possibility of Adverse Health Effects of Titanium Dioxide Driving Demand for Titanium-free Food Color Alternatives
The effects of titanium dioxide are unproven in humans, however, they raise serious concerns as possibility that titanium dioxide may not be safe for human consumption. Researchers suggest that in the form of nanoparticle, titanium dioxide may pose risk as it passes into liver, lungs or intestine. Moreover, children are highly exposed to titanium dioxide as they consume more gums, candies, and sweet desserts. The researchers out of the University of Nebraska have found in animal study a significant accumulation of nanoparticles in brain, this has raised concerns about titanium dioxide color as it is the most common nanomaterial used globally. With more studies confirming the possibility of adverse effects on health owing to the consumption of titanium dioxide, the safety of present use in food products is still under question.
As of 2019, France has placed a ban on titanium dioxide, under which no food product in France can contain titanium dioxide. Many sweet manufacturers in France have stopped using titanium dioxide in their products. As more companies are eliminating titanium dioxide, testing is likely to become the part for monitoring quantity of titanium dioxide in food products worldwide.
Utilisation of Titanium Dioxide as Coloring Agent to Make Food Products Look More Appealing
Titanium dioxide is still being used on a large scale as coloring agent in various food products such as candies, gums, donuts, and other confectionery items. Moreover, titanium dioxide is more effective and efficient white colorant in food products as compared to others, this has emerged as one of the challenges in titanium-free food color alternatives market.
Moreover, titanium dioxide generally recognized as safe by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is also influencing the use of titanium dioxide as coloring agent in food products. In 2018, owing to the request by European Commission, EFSA confirmed that data on titanium dioxide also known as colourant E171 in food showed no health concerns for consumers. With adverse reaction of titanium dioxide are still unproven in human, its application in food products is still visible.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market Segments
- Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market Dynamics
- Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market Size
- Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing in Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market
- Value Chain Analysis of the Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report on the titanium-free food color alternatives market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness on the titanium-free food color alternatives market. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on titanium-free food color alternatives market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Titanium Free Food Color Alternatives Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Titanium-Free Food Color Alternatives Market Segmentation
Based on the product, the titanium-free food color alternatives market is segmented into
- Calcium Phosphate
- Silica Dioxide
- Rice Starch
Based on the application, titanium-free food color alternatives market is segmented into
- Bakery & Confectionery Products
- Processed Food
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the titanium-free food color alternatives market in the industry
- In-depth titanium-free food color alternatives market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected titanium-free food color alternatives market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the titanium-free food color alternatives market
- Competitive landscape of the titanium-free food color alternatives market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in the titanium-free food color alternatives market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on titanium-free food color alternatives market performance
- Must-have information for titanium-free food color alternatives market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Titanium Free Food Color Alternatives Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Titanium Free Food Color Alternatives Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Titanium Free Food Color Alternatives Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Titanium Free Food Color Alternatives Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)