This Wort Concentrate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Wort Concentrate market.
The liquid extract obtained during the process of mashing while brewing beer or whiskey is known as wort concentrate. The product portfolio of wort concentrate is wide because the raw material used for the production of wort concentrate can vary. It can be produced from barley malt or wheat malt, which can segment with the usage of hopped or unhopped malt or other new variations of whole grain malts that are being introduced into the market. Wort concentrate contains sugars that are considered very important for brewing and alcohol production. This explains the wide usage of wort concentrate by brewers and other beer market participants. Besides sugars, wort concentrate also contributes to beer head retention, flavor, bitterness and aroma. Therefore, the consumers of wort concentrate, mostly brewers, are highly preferring wort concentrate over other traditional raw materials to add variation and uniqueness to the beer produced by them. Thus, with the continuous demand and supply cycle, the market revenue of wort concentrate is increasing and is expected increase further in the coming years.
Increased Usage of Wort Concentrate in Microbreweries and Craft Brewers is driving the Wort Extract Market
The production of wort concentrate is very time-efficient as compared to the production of other brewing raw materials. Therefore, several market players are expressing interest in the production of wort concentrate and the presence of a large number of market participants is boosting the share of the wort concentrate market in the overall alcohol industry. Brewing with wort concentrate lowers the investment costs as it demands lower labor, energy & water requirements and simplifies the brew production processes. As a result, the wort concentrate market is experiencing high consumption in small breweries or other microbrewers that cannot afford other costlier brewing ingredients. Besides being economical, wort concentrate also helps microbrewers compete with the dominant and larger alcohol producers by helping them produce and offer their premium quality and specialty craft beers that are produced from different varieties of wort concentrate. This increased consumption and a subsequent increase in the demand for wort concentrate by microbrewers and craft brewers is driving the wort concentrate market.
Global changes in consumption patterns have resulted in the demand for healthier ingredients. To cater to these demands, manufacturers such as Döhler and Breiss are offering gluten-free wort concentrate. The wort concentrate market has significant potential to expand globally, however, this opportunity is hampered by the heavy import-export taxes that are being implemented on beer and other alcoholic beverages, which also vary from country to country.
Wort Concentrate Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market participants identified in the global wort concentrate market are Döhler Natural Food and Beverage Ingredients, Black Rock, Patagonia Malt and Briess Malt & Ingredients, which are some of the top international manufacturers of wort concentrate. Some other examples of wort concentrate market participants include Avery Brewing Co., which is one of the key consumers and Brewstore ltd., which is one of the key distributors.
Wort Concentrate Market: Key Developments
Strategic steps of development, such as mergers and acquisitions, are resulting in the development of the overall market. For instance, Döhler, one of the key producers of wort concentrate, periodically participates in mergers & acquisitions for business growth. The most recent acquisition by the company was that of Nutrafood, an Italy-based food ingredients manufacturing company in October, 2018.
The wort concentrate market is developing with the launch of new distribution channels. For instance, in the 2017, Briess Malt & Ingredients launched its e-commerce portal called Better Brewing (betterbrewing.com) to sell its home brewing ingredients. Concentrated Brewers Wort® (CBW®) was one of the products among various others that were made available for purchase through this online purchasing site for consumers. With this, the company contributed to the easier availability of wort concentrate to consumers, which has led to the development of the wort concentrate market.
Opportunities for Wort Concentrate Market Participants
Wort concentrate is majorly consumed by small microbrewers because of its economic benefits. Thus, it has a greater potential for growth if consumption increases in large breweries. Furthermore, the wort concentrate market has large growth opportunities if the manufacturers of wort concentrate incorporate new developments and innovations into their product portfolio by producing it from some untraditional raw ingredients such as rye malt or different varieties of malt blends. Moreover, the better availability of the raw material for the production of wort concentrate can enhance the production capacity and help the manufacturers of wort concentrate meet the ever-increasing demand for their product.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the wort concentrate market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Wort Concentrate Market Segments
- Wort Concentrate Market Dynamics
- Wort Concentrate Market Size
- Wort Concentrate Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Wort Concentrate Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Wort Concentrate Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Wort Concentrate
- Value Chain Analysis of the Wort Concentrate Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Wort Concentrate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Wort Concentrate Market: Segmentation:
On the basis of nature, the wort concentrate market is segmented as:
On the basis of type, the wort concentrate market is segmented as:
On the basis of ingredient, the wort concentrate market is segmented as:
- Others (sorghum, blends of rye and barley, rye and corn, etc.)
On the basis of end users, the wort concentrate market is segmented as:
- Home brewers
- Industrial brewers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the wort concentrate market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the wort concentrate market
- Competitive landscape of the wort concentrate market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on wort concentrate market performance
- Must-have information for wort concentrate market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Wort Concentrate Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Wort Concentrate Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Wort Concentrate Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Wort Concentrate Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)