This Fava Bean Protein market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fava Bean Protein market.
Rise of Fava Bean Gets Plant Protein Providers Changing Game Plans
Plant-based sources of protein are going mainstream as meat analogs in the food industry, and fava bean proteins have gained immense popularity in the landscape. Ongoing innovation in the vegan proteins industry is triggering food manufacturers to introduce innovative sources of plant-based proteins that can simulate animal-based protein sources better. Furthermore, consumer demand is shifting from food products with protein to those with high-quality proteins. This is contributing to the adoption of novel products such as fava bean protein, in the vegan food industry.
Fava beans, historically, witnessed limited demand in the animal feed additives industry, mainly due to the presence of anti-nutritional factors (ANFs) such as vicine and convicine (VC), glycosides, and tannins. However, recent advancements in plant breeding techniques have enabled scientists to reduce the amount of ANFs in fava beans and extract high-quality fava bean protein.
Today, the demand for fava bean proteins as meat substitutes has increased not only in the animal nutrition industry but also in the commercial food & beverage applications. Food manufacturers are increasing the adoption of botanical ingredients in the manufacturing of plant-based proteins and other ingredients. The changing consumer perception about vegetarian ingredients is mainly attributed for this.
Purchases of plant-based snacks and plant-based beverages with vegan protein were primarily driven by cost consideration when the trend of veganism was in its infancy. However, today, consumers are purchasing these products due to their growing concerns about animal welfare and environmental impacts of the meat industry. This is ultimately reflecting in the rising demand for fava bean protein powders in the industry.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Boosting Extraction of Fava Bean Protein Concentrates to Improve Quality
Fava beans are being preferred by manufacturers over other plant-based protein sources such as soy protein ingredients and pea protein, due to their low cost, high protein content, and less allergenicity. Furthermore, while pea proteins and wheat proteins have a significant share in the vegetable- or plant-based protein market, manufacturers are focusing on diversifying their protein portfolio by resorting to innovative sources. This is expected to encouraging plant protein manufacturers to enter the fava bean protein landscape in the coming years.
Growing need for high-quality plant-based proteins is boosting the utilization of novel protein sources such as fava beans, in the extraction of protein concentrates. Processing, nutritional, and specialty needs of consumers are dictating the upcoming strategies of manufacturers and other stakeholders in the fava bean protein landscape. Taking into consideration the consumer inclination towards pulses as a healthier choice of plant-based protein source, market players are adopting innovative methods of extracting fava bean protein concentrates.
Taking into consideration the rise in demand for fava bean protein in a wide range of end-uses and applications in the food & beverage industry, leading market players are focusing on modifying the product characteristics to meet the specific end user demands. Manufacturers are aiming to offer improved flavor, texture, and taste in fava bean protein powders to cater to specific groups of end users.
Furthermore, growing awareness about the health benefits of fava bean is expected to bolster extraction of fava bean protein concentrates. Innovation in fava bean protein powders in terms of their texture, nutrition, and savory profile is expected to emerge as a popular trend in the market. In the coming years, a mounting number of market players are expected to introduce textured fava bean protein to add more propositions to their product portfolio and explore more profitable sales possibilities in the food & beverage industry.
Competition Getting Intense in the Fava Bean Protein Landscape
Leading players in the fruit & vegetable ingredients industry and plant-based proteins market are noticing the increasing popularity of fava bean protein as a high-demand ingredients in various food applications. Recognizing that the consumption of plant-based proteins is no longer limited to vegan consumers, a mounting number of ingredient manufacturers are expanding their presence in the fava bean proteins landscape.
In November 2019, Vestkorn – a leading European producer of ingredients from peas and beans – announced that it has launched its new products including textured pea protein and textured fava bean protein. The company also announced that the textured fava bean proteins are manufactured by processing dry, extracted fava bean without using any chemicals, which makes its new products sustainable.
In October 2019, Roquette Freres SA – a family-owned company based in France and a manufacturer of more than 650 byproducts from the starch extracted from potatoes, peas, corn, and wheat – announced that it is looking beyond the pea protein business, and considering to enter the fava bean protein landscape. The company is likely to utilize its existing manufacturing plants to boost the production and processing of fava bean protein, considering the fact that fava beans are among the most promising source of plant protein.
In July 2019, Australian Plant Proteins (APP) – a leading Australian manufacturer of plant-based protein powders – announced that Scalzo Foods – a Melbourne-based food manufacturing company – finalized its investment in APP’s commercial plant protein-extraction facility at Horsham in Victoria’s Wimmera region. The company also declared that its initial focus for commercial manufacturing will be on faba beans and the plant is estimated to use around 20 kilo tons of faba beans every year, as at least 4.5 kilograms of fava beans are required to produce 1kg of fava bean protein powder.
In November 2018, Puris – a U.S.-based, family-owned food company – announced that it has introduced PURIS fava bean protein while accelerating the production of its non-GMO and organic plant proteins with the completion of a newly expanded second spray dryer. The company declared that the Puris fava bean protein will enter markets in 2019, and it can be used as a plant-based ingredient in a wide range of food applications including dry beverage bars and blends and plant-based alternatives to meat.
With a mounting number of new entrants and leading manufacturers in the fava bean protein landscape, the competitive environment is expected to get more intense with time. Manufacturers are likely to scale up their production while bolstering research & development to boost innovation, in order to gain competitive advantages in the fava bean protein market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (India, China ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fava Bean Protein Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for yorker spouts market
- Competitive landscape for yorker spouts market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Fava Bean Protein Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Fava Bean Protein Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Fava Bean Protein Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Fava Bean Protein Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)