This Global Organic Acids market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Organic Acids market.
Organic compounds with acidic properties are organic acids. Carboxyl acids are the most common type of organic acids used commercially, carboxyl acids comprise carboxyl group with long carbon chain. Organic acids produced by replacing one hydroxyl group in sulfuric acid are sulfonic acids such as toluenesulfonic acid, methanesulfonic acid, etc. Carboxyl acids are weak organic acids whereas sulfonic acids are among the strongest acids available. Some of the commonly used organic acids include acetic acid, lactic acid, citric acid and uric acid among several others.
Certain organic acids are produced by fermentation process of several microorganisms and are typically used in food and beverages industry. Organic acids are also produced synthetically on a wide scale for several commercial applications including catalysts, surfactants and dyes among several others. Formaldehyde is used in production of organic acids as an antimicrobial agent. Glycerine is used as an energy source in organic acids production. Some of the other feedstock used in the production of organic acids includes amino acids, oil, sulfuric acid, enzymes, proteins, salts of acids, etc.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Major end user industries for organic acids include food & beverages, petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, textile and adhesives among others. Food & beverages dominate the global demand for organic acids and the trend is anticipated to continue for a foreseeable future. Pharmaceutical is anticipated to be the fastest growing end user segment for organic acids. Organic acid is also widely used in the production of several chemicals and materials used in automotives and construction industry.
Demand for organic acids is profoundly dependent on food & beverages market which is the largest end use industry for organic acids. Therefore, increasing population and GDP growth in a region are among major factors influencing demand for organic acids. High growth in pharmaceutical industry also has been among foremost factors fuelling demand for organic acids. Moreover, several synthetic organic acid are produced using non renewable sources and are hazardous to the environment which has led to several stringent regulations to control the use of these organic acids. Increasing research and development to produce efficient organic acids from bio based sources is anticipated to offer huge growth opportunity in the market.
Asia Pacific dominates the global organic acid market and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Asia Pacific comprises India and China, two of the largest nations in terms of population which has been among major factor driving demand for organic acids in Asia Pacific. Moreover, high growth in the emerging economies of Asia Pacific is anticipated to drive market growth for several end user industries including pharmaceutical, food, beverages, etc. On account of which, Asia Pacific is also expected to be the fastest growing region for organic acid demand. Increasing number of regulations to control the use of several synthetic organic acids has led to sluggish market growth in North America and Europe. Bio based organic acids are expected to drive market growth in North America and Europe.
Organic acid market is highly competitive and major players compete on pricing differentiation. Moreover, increasing demand for bio based organic acids has led to a surge in investment for research and development activities in organic acids market. Some major players in organic acid market include BioAmber, Genomatica, DSM Cargill and The Dow Chemical Company among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Organic Acids Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Organic Acids Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Organic Acids Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Organic Acids Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Organic Acids Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.