This Organic Meat market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Organic Meat market.
Organic meat means the meat produced by feeding livestock on 100% organic food. ‘Organic meat’ is obtained from animals or birds raised in an organic system, this organic systems are based on the behavioral and physiological needs of animals. There are various norms while growing livestock for marketing as organic meat. In organic farming animals are not caged or tethered in structures without adequate natural ventilation and lighting. They are given enough space for free movement and are kept in suitable size herds and flocks. Attention is given to access to pasture and fresh water, bedding materials etc. essential things. The health, growth, and vitality of the animal is maintained by sound natural nutrition. All growth promoter medicines/substances and growth hormones are strictly prohibited. Chemical veterinary drugs are allowed only if there are no effective complementary treatments, however, genetically engineered vaccines are prohibited. Natural medicines and methods, including homeopathy, Ayurveda medicine and acupuncture, shall be emphasized. The use of synthetic growth promoter food is totally avoided while production of organic meat animals.
Organic meat market is segmented on the basis of product type such as, beef, pork, mutton, poultry and others. In the product type market segments consumer preferences are more towards poultry, beef, and lamb. Organic meat market is segmented on the basis of its distribution channel such as super / hypermarket, online retailers, meat shop, health and natural food stores and others. Super /hypermarket is popular distribution channel in developed country however, specialty meat shops and natural food stores have gain popularity and market importance in distribution of organic meat market.
Organic meat market is later segmented on the basis of regions as Latin America, North America, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Middle East and Africa. Amongst regional market North America and Europe are leading markets for organic meat. North America represents nearly 48% of global organic meat demand. Along with developed markets, developing regions such as Asia Pacific excluding Japan and Japan are another markets growing rapidly with, growing number of health conscious consumers.
Market Drivers and Trends:
Growing food safety concerns amongst organic buyers related to import uncertainties, antibiotics, hormones and chemical additives, etc. is main factor driving demand for organic meat and influencing this consumer adoption and growth in the organic meat marketplace. Organic meat contains up to 50 percent more omega-3 fatty acids than conventionally produced meat and lower levels of saturated fat, making it a healthier choice than conventional once. Thus, health conscious consumers preferring organic meat. Increasing number of health conscious consumers, and their demands for organic products is another factor expected to drive growth for organic meat market. Organic meat is considered as premium food and due to nutritional value when compared with conventional meat, consumers are preferring premium organic meat option.
Various Government are also supporting organic meat production through different programs, for instance, in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, government has introduced a program, Cattlemen’s Financial Corporation, designed to finance the entire production cycle of the livestock– from feeder calves and replacement heifers to bred heifers and bred cows.
Organic Meat Market Restrains:
Despite of various regulation on organic labeling and organic livestock production, it is very difficult to keep track , on if the products sold in the market under organic label are really from the livestock grown as per the recommended organic methods or not. Also, another restrain for organic meat market can be consumer’s shifts towards vegan diet. Premium price of the finished product is also another restraint, which hinders the market growth.
Organic Meat Market Key Players:
Some of the key players in organic meat market includes, Neat Meat company, organic Prairie, Aurelian organic meat supplier group, Swillington Organic Farm Arcadian Organic Meat Co., River ford organic farmers, Eversfield etc. looking at growing popularity and rapidly growing market demand for organic meat, local as well as international market players entries are expected into the global markets in near future.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Organic Meat Market Segments
- Organic Meat Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 - 2015
- Organic Meat Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Organic Meat Market Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Organic Meat Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Organic Meat Players Competition & Companies involved
- Organic Meat Market Technology
- Organic Meat Market Value Chain
- Organic Meat Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Organic Meat Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and regions.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Organic Meat Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Organic Meat Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Organic Meat Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Organic Meat Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Organic Meat Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Organic Meat Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)