This Plant Sterol Supplements market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Plant Sterol Supplements market.
Plant sterols are naturally occurring substance found primarily in grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds. The three most abundant plant sterols are beta-sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol. Plant sterol enables to lower cholesterol level in body. Due to this plant sterol is gaining importance in various application such as in food, beverages and dietary supplements. Plant sterol supplements are primarily consumed by the consumers who are seeking to lower their heart diseases. Rising inclination of consumers towards the healthy life style, doctor’s recommendation to consume at least 2 grams of plant sterols per day, increasing consumption of heart health supplements are some the key drivers which is expected to support the market growth over the forecast period. Consumption of plant sterols has been clinically proven to reduce cholesterol. In fact, a ‘Consensus Statement’ supporting this from the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS) was published in its journal, Atherosclerosis. In it, the EAS found that "two grams of plant sterols or plant stanols per day in functional foods can help manage cholesterol for those with moderate heart disease risk and who are taking statin drugs."
Plant Sterol Supplements Market Segmentation
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Plant Sterol Supplements Market Drivers
Increasing cardiovascular diseases among the people coupled with doctors recommendation for the consumption supplements containing plant sterols is expected to support the plant sterol supplements market growth over the forecast period. Moreover, continuous research and development and launch of the new products across the globe is expected to further fuel the market growth in the near future. In addition plant sterols are natural compound, thus increasing demand of products containing natural ingredient is also expected to support the market demand during the forecast period. However, increasing government regulations especially in European countries may affect the market growth by 2026.
Plant Sterol Supplements: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically North America is expected to account for the major market share in terms of value during the forecast period. It has been found that from 2007 to 2012 heart friendly foods & beverages have grown more than 20% in U.S. Increasingly product launch focusing heart health using plant sterol as an ingredient is expected to fuel market growth in the country. In European countries, the plant sterol supplements is expected to account for substantial growth over the forecast period. Increasing government regulation may affect the market growth in the region. For instance, in 2014, European Union enforced a law according to which the product comprises plant sterol must contain the indication that it is designed only for the people with cholesterol concern. Thus, according the new rule of European Commission the product should contain a warning stating that “the product is not intended for people who do not need to control their blood cholesterol level”. This will avoid unnecessary consumption by non-targeted groups. In Asia Pacific region the market is expected to account for favorable growth over the forecast period. Countries such as India, China and Singapore are expected to be the major contributor in terms of value during the forecast period.
Plant Sterol Supplements Market Key Players
The key international players operating in plant sterol supplements market are WN Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Unilever (ProActiv), Healthspan Limited, Bluebonnet Nutrition Corporation, Feel Well Be Well, Moducare, Nutracraft, Vitabiotics Ltd among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Plant Sterol Supplements Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market Segments
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Plant Sterol Supplements Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- GCC Countries
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Plant Sterol Supplements changing market dynamics of the industry
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market in-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market Recent industry trends and developments
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market Competitive landscape
- Plant Sterol Supplements Market Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Plant Sterol Supplements Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Plant Sterol Supplements Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Plant Sterol Supplements Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Plant Sterol Supplements Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)