This Sound Sensor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sound Sensor market.
The use of sound sensors to measure acoustic changes through electronic devices will continue to fuel opportunities for the growth of the global sound sensors market. The need to measure vibrations and quantify acoustics of the surroundings is growing, owing to the benefits derived from converting this information and using it in various applications. As a result, the global market for sound sensors is likely to witness substantial growth during the forecast period (2015-2025). Smart devices and consumer electronics are being manufactured with pre-installed sound sensors that perform functions and operations for acoustic monitoring. Increasing penetration of such devices indicates the growing adoption of sound sensors among varied consumers, which is driving the growth of the global market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The growth of the global sound sensor market is primarily driven by scope of the sensing parameters such as temperature, pressure, torque and viscosity. The complete commercialisation of these sensors will continue to drive the expansion of the global market. Apart from this, the increasing demand for high-performance, affordable and sustainable sound sensors is expected to influence the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
Additionally, developments in sound sensing technology, growing implementation of nanotechnology or micro technology and the increasing applicability in telecommunications industry will continue to influence the growth of the global market for sound sensors. However, the major concerning factors challenging the market growth and impeding its expansion include the emerging replacement of surface acoustic wave sensors in conventional applications and the lower levels of mass sensitivity.
Sound Sensors: Growth Opportunities
Advancement of wireless connectivity in the Information Technology (IT) and telecom industries is expected to bolster the global sound sensor market by creating more opportunities for its growth. The implementation of sound sensors in various IT operations will result in increased efficiency and surplus information, which will benefit processes in the future. Telecommunication applications of sound sensors will be the opportune drivers of the market growth, owing to the fact that analysing sound is an integral function of any telecom mechanism.
A recent instance indicating promising opportunity for the expansion of the global sound sensor market is the innovative utilisation of sound sensors in smartphone applications. Waze, a prominent GPS-based navigation app, has developed a new feature incorporating the pre-installed smartphone sound sensors to identify the distress or crying sounds of a child and opeor a baby. This feature enables the users to locate and attend to their infant. The growing awareness about such in-app features are expected to promote the demand for acoustic wave sound sensors.
Installation of sound sensors in hydrant software will help rapid detection of water pipe leaks. This will prevent the minor leaks to turn into major pipeline ruptures, and avoid wastage of water and destruction of public property. As a result, the demand for surface acoustic wave sensors will inflate, thereby fostering the growth of the global sound sensors market.
The global market for sound sensors is segmented on the basis of types, application and sensing parameters. Furthermore, the global market is then sub-segmented as follows,
On the basis of sensing parameters, the market is segmented into temperature, torque, pressure, mass, humidity, viscosity and chemical vapour.
Moreover, the global sound sensor market is also segmented into the seven key regions of the world. North America is anticipated to remain a lucrative market for sound sensors during the forecast period 2015-2025. Likewise, Western Europe and Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions are also expected to witness steady adoption of sound sensors. Western Europe is slated to lead the global market revenues as a majority of acoustic wave sensor manufacturers are based there. APAC region is projected to register a rampant growth, owing to the prevalent industrial applications of sound sensors.
Teledyne Microwave Solutions, Honeywell International Inc., Epson Toyocom Corporation, API Technologies Corp, Phonon Corporation, Boston Piezo-optics INC., Panasonic Corporation, CTS Corporation, CeramTec and Vectron International, among others are the leading players in the competitive landscape of the global sound sensors market. Low cost manufacturing and technological advancements remain the key business strategies for leading players in the sound sensor market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sound Sensor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) sensor
- Bulk Acoustic Wave (BAW) sensor
- Aerospace & Defence
- Consumer Electronics
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Sound Sensor Market Segments
- Sound Sensor Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Sound Sensor Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Sound Sensor Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Sound Sensor Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Sound Sensor Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- GCC Countries
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Sound Sensor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Sound Sensor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Sound Sensor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Sound Sensor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.