Automotive Display Market - Key Research Findings
- Global automotive display units market size in 2018 – Nearly US$ 12,000 Mn
- The automotive display units market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 8.0% over 2019-2029.
- North America and Europe are expected to remain prominent regional markets for automotive display units.
- North America and Europe are the leading regions in the automotive display units market, owing to the increasing adoption of automotive display unit products for full digital display, and increasing electric vehicle production, which is expected to drive the demand for automotive display units.
- Partnerships and marketing synergies between companies are expected to exploit automotive display units market growth prospects.
- Major players in the automotive display units market such as Robert Bosch GmbH, LG Displays, Panasonic Corporation, Denso Corporation, and Magna International Inc. are employing synergistic methods of the co-marketing and co-promotion of their products with other companies. These synergies between partners are presenting an instant growth impact as compared to acquisitions and mergers.
- In May 2019, BMW AG appointed Garmin as a tier-one supplier of infotainment computing modules for future BMW models.
- The full digital display segment is expected to remain the most preferred product type segment in the automotive display units market.
- The growth of this segment can be primarily attributed to the global growth of the automotive vehicle market.
Top 3 Factors Shaping the Automotive Display Units Market
Preference for TFT LCD & AMOLED Display Panels in Automotive DisplayUnits is a Major Trend in the Automotive Display Units Market
Key market players such as Robert Bosch GmbH, LG Displays, Panasonic Corporation, Denso Corporation, and Magna International Inc. are focusing on investing in R&D to enhance their product portfolios, and are entering into partnerships with local players to expand their businesses. For example-
In September 2018,The JVC Kenwood Corporation invested in WayRay AG (from now "WayRay"), a developer and manufacturer of AR technology-based, next-generation, in-vehicle head-up displays. It is expected to help the company in strengthening its in-vehicle, optical-related business.
In November 2017,;Alpine Electronics, Inc. and Konica Minolta, Inc. announced that both the companies are jointly developing a head-up display (HUD), applying 3D augmented reality (AR) technology for automotive use.
Rising Demand for Electric Vehicles and Connected Cars in the Global Market
Innovations and development of electric and connected vehicles have increased the demand for automotive display units. Electric vehicles require automotive display units for displaying information such as battery status and charging stations, which is expected to result in the robust growth of the automotive display units market.
Introduction of Digital Rear View Mirrors in Vehicles
Automotive manufacturers are constantly improving their digital rear view mirrors. A new concept has come in, in which, the three rear-view mirrors in a car are replaced by cameras and two OLED HDR displays, which is expected to result in the robust growth of the automotive display units market.
Automotive Display Units Market: Structure Analysis
- The global automotive display units market is a fragmented market, with a number of big market players and regional players.
- A majority of the key players are maintain strategic focus on the development of OEM partnerships and agreements for global market expansion.
- Manufacturers are also focusing on partnerships with automakers. For business expansion, they are mass producing products to reduce the cost of their automotive display units.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Focus Shifting to 'Improved Resolution'
Automotive display units continue to gain high demand to be used in full digital display systems. In recent years, manufacturers have renewed their focus on improving the resolution of automotive displays. The global demand for automotive display units is surging as a result of the growing automotive production and increasing vehicle fleet across the world.
Market Set to Grow 2.1X between 2019 and 2029
The automotive display units market is likely to witness steady growth over the course of the forecast period. Gains will be driven by increasing vehicle production and the rising demand for electric vehicles (EV). Further, rising safety standards across the globe are influencing the demand for automotive display units.
Emerging Countries Promise New Opportunities of Growth
North America is expected to contribute a high revenue share in the global automotive display units market in 2019. However, healthy growth is expected in developing countries, especially China, India, and Brazil, due to growing passenger vehicle sales and government initiatives towards public transport.
Among the emerging countries, China is likely to present sustained opportunities of growth for stakeholders in the automotive display units market. Due to China’s strong growth, East Asia is likely to emerge as a productive market during the forecast period.
The Broader Perspective
Stakeholders in the automotive display units market are adapting to innovations such as digital rear view mirrors. Manufacturers are focusing on offering low-cost products with the help of partnership with backward integrated companies. It is highly likely that R&D investments will continue to grow during the assessment period.
How Growth Will Unfold
The full digital automotive displays segment is expected to maintain its lead over other variants during the assessment period, whereas, the single navigation display segment is also expected to gain adoption at a steady pace.
AUTOMOTIVE DISPLAY UNITS MARKET TAXONOMY
The global automotive display units market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market, and present a complete market intelligence approach in front of the reader.
- Full Digital Displays
- Navigation Displays
- Digital Side Mirrors
- Digital Rear View Mirrors
- Rear Seat Displays
- Rear Seat Control
By Vehicle Type
By Display Size
- < 5 inch
- 5-10 Inch
- >10 Inch
By Touch Type
- With Touch
- Without Touch
By View Type
- TFT LCDs
By Screen Format
By Sales Channel
- Pixel Formats
- Pixel Numbers
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa