This Automotive Semiconductor market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Automotive Semiconductor market.
In recent past, Electronics system has emerges as a major area of innovation in automotive industry. Advancements in automotive electronics contributes more than 3/4th of the innovation made in the automotive industry. With the ongoing transit towards hybrid electric vehicles and increasing focus of vehicle safety and utility, the semiconductor content per vehicle has increased significantly and is expected to increase further. Increasing environmental awareness is the major factor fueling the demand for electric vehicles. Further, continuous struggle to make vehicle safer has increased adoption of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) such as lane departure warning systems, emergency braking, forward collision warning system, TPMS etc. Over the past decade contribution of electronics in total vehicle cost has increased from 18-20% to nearly 40-45% presently, the share is way higher for electric vehicles. Though, the total automotive sales growth rate has decreased from 14.3% in 2010 to 2.0% in 2015, premium and luxury passenger car segment has witnessed robust increase in demand, driving the growth for automotive semiconductors market. Further, mandating of vehicle safety systems such as TPMS, ABS, Electronic stability control etc. by regulatory bodies across major regions will further boost growth of automotive semiconductor market.
Automotive Semiconductor Market: Driver and Restraints
Increasing global automobile production is a major factor empowering the growth of the global automotive semiconductor market. Global automotive production in 2014 improved 3% as compared to 2013 and increased another 2% in 2015 to 86.9 million units. Moreover, increasing electric vehicle sales with growing environmental awareness will lead to further electrification of drivetrain, thus a surge in demand for automotive semiconductors. The emerging concept of connected vehicles/vehicle intelligence will create significant growth opportunities in the automotive semiconductors market over coming years. Mature markets are expected to witness higher adoption rate for such systems however some of the emerging automotive markets are anticipated to witness low adoption due to high costs.
High cost of adoption is the major factor that can hamper growth of automotive semiconductors market, especially in countries of Asia and Africa. Further lower adoption of electric vehicles in these regions as compared to North America and Europe will significantly affect demand for automotive semiconductors.
Automotive Semiconductor Market: Region Wise Outlook
By region the automotive semiconductors market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific automotive industry production increased 2% in 2015 to 43.8 million units and was highest across the globe. Thus Asia pacific is anticipated to have dominating share in automotive semiconductors market over the forecast period. Europe is anticipated to be the next largest market after Asia Pacific, with significant automotive production in the region. North America though have a smaller market share but has high adoption rate per vehicles. Latin America automotive semiconductors market is expected to witness sluggish growth due to steeply declining automotive production in the region, the automotive production in the region declined 20% in 2015. Middle East market for automotive semiconductors is expected to remain stable over the forecast period, which is largely due to focus of consumers on high performance of vehicles.
Automotive Semiconductor Market: Key Players
Key players identified in the global automotive semiconductors market are listed below
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Infineon Technologies
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- ON Semiconductor
- Toshiba Corporation
- Micron Technology, Inc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Automotive Semiconductor Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Automotive Semiconductor Market: Segmentation
By product type the automotive semiconductor market is segmented into
- Analog IC
- Discrete Semiconductors
- Logic Semiconductors
- Sensor Semiconductors
- Optical Semiconductors
- Others (Memory IC, Micro component IC, etc.)
By Application, the automotive semiconductor market is segmented as follows
- Safety, comfort & control
- Electronic system
By Vehicle type, the automotive semiconductor market is segmented as follows
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Automotive Semiconductor Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Automotive Semiconductor Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Automotive Semiconductor Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Automotive Semiconductor Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.