Market Outlook for Caramel malt:
Caramel malt is a product in which the maltster takes any malt without crushing it and hydrates it. As the caramelization occurs during the malting process, the malts that are obtained are therefore called as caramel malt or caramelized malts. There is the presence of some residual starch and unfermented sugar called dextrin in all the caramel malts.
Caramel malt market demand in the beverage industry
The demand for caramel malt has been observed in the brewery sector. There is much variety of caramel malt that is available in the market. The consumers can, therefore, choose the caramel malt variety according to their requirement in the brewing of malt beverages. The residual starch and dextrin present in the caramel malt when used for making beer give it a sense of mouthfeel. The caramel malt has been used in the brewery as this dextrin styled malt enhances certain beer properties such as increases foam, raises head retention, etc., that too without any modification of the color and flavor of the beer.
The demand for non-alcoholic beverages has been increasing in the market especially in Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc. The demand for non-alcoholic beverages is increasing as the consumers are focusing on a healthy diet and lifestyle. The use of caramel malt in the non-alcoholic beverage sector might expand in the future. The non-alcoholic beverages provide better taste and also has a wide range of flavor options. The increase in disposable income is another major factor which has made it possible for consumers to opt for such healthy and beneficial beverages.
The major restraint is that caramel malt should not be overused. The caramel malt provides proper flavor, body, and color only when used in an appropriate amount. The caramel malt is required in small quantities. The caramel malt should be around 10% of the grain bill. The more amount of caramel malt can destroy the color and flavor of the beer as it will increase the burnt flavor. The residual starch present in the caramel malt can cause haze in the beer but it is less likely that it will affect the flavor.
Global Caramel malt Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the global key market players are Briess Malt & Ingredients Co., Bairds Malt Limited, Weyermann, Castle Malting, Thomas Fawcett Malting, Great Western Malting, Crisp Malting, Viking Malt, Barmalt Malting Pvt. Ltd., Agrária - Maltes among others.
Global Caramel malt Market: Key Developments
As the consumers are becoming more aware of their health and nutrition, companies producing caramel malts are aiming to encourage as well as attract the consumers by using the crops that are grown under sustainable conditions for the malt production. Such developments can help in manufacturing healthy and nutrient-rich food products as well as beverages.
Brief Approach to Research:
FMI will follow a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the end use of the Caramel malt is covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. Some of the key data points which get covered include market size, supply vs. demand, consumption vs. production understanding, exporting and importing geographies, key trends, opportunity, drivers, and restraints and to analyze key players and their market shares. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report:
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including the background and evolution of Caramel malt
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and potential of Caramel malt
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Caramel malt Market: Segmentation:
Segmentation of caramel malt on the basis of color:
- Very dark
Segmentation of caramel malt on the basis of flavor:
- Candy like
- Slight burnt sugar
- Others (e.g. Bready, Dark toast, nutty, etc.)
Segmentation of caramel malt in terms of source:
Segmentation of caramel malt in on the basis of drying:
Segmentation of caramel malt in on the basis of applications:
- Dairy and Frozen Products
- Bakery and Confectionery
Segmentation of caramel malt in on the basis of end use:
- Home Brewers
- Regional Breweries
- Large Breweries
- Contract Brewing Companies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.