Egg Free Premix Market: Marching into the Era of Vegan Culture
In recent years, the global food industry has been undergoing radical upheaval, on the account of emergence of disruptive trends and technologies. With the rise of vegan culture, meatless meat has grown in popularity, plant-based products are making tremendous strides, and many of concerns about meat production are applied to eggs as strongly.
Over the years, eggs continue to ride on versatility quotient; used as a bakery ingredient, and in custards, omelets, and deviled eggs. However, as vegan or plant-based products continue to gain increasing momentum, demand for egg substitutes for individual recipes is moving on an upward swing.
Additionally, due to sprung in number of working population, hectic schedules, and changing lifestyles, demand for convenience, number of meals-to-go hitting the shelves, and replacement of traditional meals by all-day snacking have been growing on a significant pace.
In line with rising popularity of egg-free products and rapid emergence of ‘on-the-go’ trend, Future Market Insights, in its new study, explores the development of the egg free premix market. It discusses growth and innovation trends in ready-to-mix food market in general and egg free premix market in particular, while evaluating opportunities and challenges in numerous regional markets.
Egg Free Premix Market - Notable Developments
Some of the key players operating in the egg free premix market include Zion International Food Ingredients Pvt. Ltd., Crust n Crumb Food Ingredients Pvt. Ltd., Swiss Bake Ingredients Pvt. Ltd., Arla Foods Ingredients, Premia Food Additives Pvt. Ltd., Bunge, Puratos Group, The Blue Ingredient Co., HARSHA ENTERPRISES, and Delta Nutritives.
- In November 2019, Bunge LodersCroklaan launched its 100% sustainable shea-based margarine, which has no added coloring or preservatives and is ideal for a range of baked items. The new product has been heralded to deliver high functionality and baking performance with superior handling.
- In November 2019, Arla Food Ingredients announced the launch of Lacprodan® ISO.Water, a 100% whey protein isolate ingredient that overcomes taste and mouthfeel issues which have long challenged manufacturers of clear protein water and beverages.
- In April 2019, Puratos International Group’s subsidiary in India announced the launch of four innovative products - Tegral Red Velvet Sponge, Fruitfil Range, Carat SupercremNutolade, and Tegral Satin Purple Velvet EF Mix. According to the company, these products were developed in response to increasing consumers demand for global food with a local touch.
Key Factors Shaping the Egg Free Premix Market
- Significant Growth of Bakery Industry
In current scenario, significant lifestyle and retail changes are redefining and restructuring how bakeries operate. Meteoric rise of the food-to-go business and strong desire for consumers to explore new taste and experience have contributed to the demand for egg free premix. Keeping up newer trends, manufacturers are including specialty and multifunctional food ingredients in egg free premixes that exert strong consumer appeal. Though ready-to-eat food products, particularly snacks and desserts, were aimed at urban demographic as time-saving and convenient options, these products are finding market in untapped regions. This, in turn, is expected to propel the sales of egg free premix.
- Growing Popularity of Plant-based Food Products
Increase in demand for egg free premix has been weighing on a same scale as robust growth in sales of plant-based food products in recent years. Rising concerns of animal welfare issues, especially in dairy industry, and environmental impact of animal agriculture have encouraged consumers to incline towards plant-based diet, ranging from staple food to desserts including plant-based ice cream. As a result, bakery manufacturers are continually looking for plant-based and egg-free alternatives to traditional ingredients, thereby influencing the growth of the egg free premix market.
- Synergy of Clean Label and Convenience Trend
While the trend of convenience has taken the bakery sector and overall food industry by storm, consumers’ inquisitiveness about food ingredients and their sourcing is increasing. The impact of ‘natural’ and ‘clean label’ trend has been palpable in the market for egg free premix, compelling manufacturers to switch to natural flavours and food colours with no artificial food additives. The egg free premix market is further expected to benefit from rise of customization trend in bakery industry, where manufacturers use standardized enriched blends of various premix in their products, catering to varying segments of consumers.
- Consumers Gravitating towards Healthier Food Choices
With increasing number of health- and eco-conscious consumers across the globe, high-fiber bread and artisanal-style breads with ancient grains are making up a strong trend which is likely to continue in foreseeable future. As consumers are increasingly looking to buy ‘free-from’ products, stakeholders in the egg free premix market are targeted towards offering sugar-free, gluten-free, and fat-free products. Adding healthy ingredients to their products remains a key to gain distinct competitive edge in the market. Moreover, egg free premix is rapidly replacing conventional premixes amid increasing adoption of vegan and vegetarian diet, which remains instrumental to the market growth.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on
- Egg Free Premix Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Egg Free Premix Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to egg free premix market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Egg Free Premix Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Egg Free Premix
- Value Chain Analysis of the Egg Free Premix Market
The regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on egg free premix market segments and geographies.
Table of Content
List of Tables
List of Charts