This Electric Vehicle Plastics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Electric Vehicle Plastics market.
Increasing demand for electric vehicles owing to growing environmental awareness supported by innovation, government, and investments made by OEMs, has resulted in a technological revolution in the global automobile industry. Demand for electric vehicles thereby, lead to an increasing demand for allied industries such as plastics which is an essential material required in manufacturing of electric vehicles. Manufacturers need lightweight materials to develop an electric vehicle which is one of the primary drivers for electric vehicle plastics market. Growing environmental concern is expected to increase the demand for electric vehicles which thereby would drive the demand for electric vehicle plastics market over the forecast period.
Electric Vehicle Plastics Market: Market Dynamics
Electric vehicle plastics market is primarily driven by the trend of light-weight plastic applications as a manufacturing element. Application of light-weight plastics in electric vehicle results in enhanced fuel efficiency along with increasing the range of battery electric vehicle (BEV). BEV is expected to be the largest contributor to electric vehicle plastic markets which in turn will boost up the growth of global electric vehicle plastics market. Electric vehicle plastics market is further expected to witness an increasing demand owing to its performance competency as compared to metal. Plastic’s attributes such as carbon emission reduction and less dependency on petroleum drive the electric vehicle plastics market. Electric vehicle parts such as energy recovery devices, pumps, fans, casings and non-moving parts are expected to be manufactured using plastics thereby reducing the overall weight of the vehicle without compromising on performance thereby fueling the demand for global electric vehicle plastics market.
However, recycling of plastic materials used in electric vehicle parts can be a restraint, hindering the growth of electric vehicle plastics market. Vehicle components are manufactured from varied plastic materials which require sorting of components before recycling process.
Electric vehicle plastics market can be segmented into vehicle types which includes, Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV), Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), Plug-in hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV), wherein BEV type is expected to contribute majorly to the electric vehicle plastics market over the forecast period. BEV manufacturing requires the maximum amount of plastic materials owing to the need for making the vehicle light-weighted and increase the range of the vehicle which, thereby fuels up the demand for electric vehicle plastics market.
Among the plastics types used in electric vehicles, polypropylene (PP) constitutes a significant share in the electric vehicle plastics market. PP is widely used in electric vehicles for interior applications such as seats, car body, bumpers, head and arm rest. Polypropylene attributes such as light-weight, flexibility and improved strength stir up the demand for the material thereby, boosting up the electric vehicle plastic market.
Electric Vehicle Plastics Market: Regional Segmentation
Based on the regional coverage, electric vehicle plastics market has its presence in North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle east and Africa. North America followed by Western and Eastern Europe hold a significant share in the global electric vehicle plastics market in terms of its volume. Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period. China and Japan contribute significantly to the global sales and production of electric vehicles thereby increasing the demand for electric vehicle plastics market.
Electric Vehicle Plastics Market: Key Players
Few key players in the global electric vehicle plastics market include DuPont, Dow Chemical Company, Evonik Industries AG., INEOS capital Ltd., BSM Group, BASF SE, Plastic Omnium and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Electric Vehicle Plastics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Electric Vehicle Plastics Market: Segmentation
Electric vehicle plastics market can be segmented on the basis of electric vehicle type which includes:
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-in hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
Electric vehicle plastics market can be further segmented on the basis of plastic material used in manufacturing, which includes:
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Acrylonitrile- Butadiene Styrene(ABS)
- Polyurethanes (PE)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Electric vehicle plastics market can be segmented on the basis of application, which includes:
- Arm Rest
- Head Rest
- Car Body
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Electric Vehicle Plastics Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Electric Vehicle Plastics Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Electric Vehicle Plastics Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Electric Vehicle Plastics Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.