Flexible printed circuit boards are widely used in an array of electronic devices that have complex circuitry. Besides efficient interconnectivity solutions, flexible PCBs offer another benefit viz. reduced system maintenance. Compact in size, flexible PCBs also reduce the entire costs of interconnectivity solutions. Consistently growing preference for printed circuit boards over conventional wiring systems used in various electronic devices, will continue to foster the market for flexible PCBs over the next 10 years.
Future Market Insights assesses the global market for flexible printed circuit boards for a 10-year period, 2017-2027. The report offers insightful information about the key factors impacting the market growth during the forecast period, in-depth segmentation analysis, regional outlook, and an extensive view of the competitive market landscape.
Key Market Dynamics
The demand for flexible printed circuit boards by manufacturers of smartphones, other mobile devices, LCD display, connectivity antennas, and rechargeable batteries, is currently on the rise. With exploding consumer electronics sector, soaring popularity of IoT, and growing applications in the automotive sector are identified to be the key factors that are likely to hold a positive impact on the sales of FPCBs in near future. Quality performance and high packaging flexibility of flexible PCBs will continue to make them highly preferred interconnectivity solutions in near future.
Surging adoption of multilayer FPCBs and increasing use of rigid-flex FPCBs are likely to be among the most prominent trends in the global flexible printed circuit boards market. The demand for automated robots is evidently increasing, indicating lucrative growth opportunities to emerge for key market players over the next decade. Innovation in fabrication technology and circuit materials is expected to push the market further.
Current Market Trends
Although consumer electronics has been the primary consumer for flexible PCBs over the years, consumption by automotive electronics sector is expected to gather significant momentum during the assessment period, fuelling the sales globally. Demand from aerospace and defence industry will also remain significant during the forecast period.
Increasing demand for small, flexible electronics will be an important trend in the market. Another trend expected to hold a positive influence on market, includes growing use of flex circuits in electronic wearables. Moreover, emerging interest in polymer plastic solar cells and foldable or rollable smartphones will create a plethora of opportunities for key market players in near future. An emerging trend of disposable electronics will also support market growth over the next few years. FPCB manufacturers are likely to encounter with a number of opportunities in healthcare sector.
However, high initial costs associated with flexible PCBs will remain a longstanding roadblock to rapid mass adoption of the technology.
Key Market Players
Some of the most prominent companies competing in the global flexible printed circuit boards market, include:
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. (SEI)
- Zhen Ding Technology Holding Limited (ZDT)
- NOK Corporation (Nippon Mektron Ltd.)
- Fujikura Ltd.
- Interflex Co., Ltd.
- Young Poong
- Career Technology
- FLEXium Interconnect, Inc.
- Multi-Fineline Electronix, Inc.
- ICHIA Technologies Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corp.
- Hannstar Board Technology
- Nan Ya Printed Circuit Board
- Kingboard Chemical Holdings
Future Market Insights research indicates that strategic acquisitions and partnerships are currently trending among the leading companies in the market.
Major players in the Flexible Printed Circuit Boards Market market follow the strategy of partnership or acquisition of various local players to gain a competitive edge in the market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global Flexible Printed Circuit Boards Market market segments
- Global Flexible Printed Circuit Boards Market market dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 – 2015
- Global Flexible Printed Circuit Boards Market market size & forecast 2017 to 2027
- Ecosystem analysis
- Global Flexible Printed Circuit Boards Market market current trends/issues/challenges
- Competition & Companies involved technology
- Value Chain
- Global Flexible Printed Circuit Boards Market market drivers and restraints
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Multi-layer FPCBs
- Rigid-flex FPCBs
- Single-sided FPCBs
- Double-sided FPCBs
By end-user application:
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial electronics
- Automotive electronics
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.