This Furan Resin market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Furan Resin market.
Furan resins are categoried under heterocyclic organic compounds having one oxygen atom and four carbon atoms connected to each other in an aromatic ring-shaped structure. Furan resins are generally soluble in commercially available organic solvents, such as ether, acetone and alcohols. They are generally colourless, flammable and volatile in nature with a boiling point equivalent to room temperature. These resins harden when heated. The hardening process can be accelerated if heating is done in the presence of an acid catalyst. Furan resins are characterized by high resistance to alkali, acids, chemicals and heat. Moreover, these furan resins impart exceptional mechanical strength to the end product. Commercially, there are four types of furan resins available in the market, namely furfuryl alcohol resin, furfural resin, bran ketone resin and branone formaldehyde resin. Raw material for furan resins namely furfuryl alcohol, is processed from corn cobs, sugarcane bagasse, oats, and wheat bran among others. Furfuryl alcohol finds application in aerospace industry as a hypergolic fuel, which shows a characteristic of rapid ignition in the presence of fuming nitric acid. It also finds application as a raw material in the synthesis of specialty chemicals that find adoption in different applications. Furan resins find adoption on a large scale in applications, such as the foundry industry, synthesis of adhesives and sealants, formulation of plastics and the automotive industry, to name a few. Furan resins are also used as raw materials in the synthesis of polymer mortars and polymer concretes, which exhibit a high level of mechanical strength and increased corrosion resistance. This concrete is further used in the construction of chemical plants and in chemical equipment as a refractory lining. Furthermore, furan resins are also used as binders in the manufacturing of glass plastics with exceptional hardness.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Furan Resin Market: Drivers and Restraints
In last few years, an increase in the production & consumption of furan resin has been observed and a similar roadmap and trend is expected to follow in the coming years. The primary reasons to which growth in consumption of furan resins can be attributed include viability and easy access to raw material, advanced technology and expansion in end use industries across geographies. Also, there is an increase in the demand for bio based products created by the increase in consumer awareness along with implementation of stringent environment regulations that fuel the demand for furan resin. Likewise, an increase in the demand for furan resins in the foundry application is expected to drive the increase in sales of furan resins globally. Furan resins and their by-products are used in different parts of automotive assembly in order to reduce vehicle weight so as to optimize fuel economy. However, factors, such as safety issues and export guidelines in different economies, are some of the adoption barriers are expected to hamper the growth in consumption of furan resins
Furan Resin Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global furan resin market is segmented into the seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). As of 2016, in North America, growth is driven by the viability of raw materials and increase in demand from construction industries. Furan resin market in Japan is expected to show relatively slow-moderate growth in terms of consumption. APEJ and Latin America regions will also register rapid growth due to the increasing demand for furan resins with the increase in application in plastics and resin formulations. Additionally, proximity to raw material within the region is expected to fuel the growth in demand for furan resins. Growth in the chemical industry, especially in emerging economies, such as China, South Korea and India is expected to be witnessed over the forecast period. Europe is anticipated to witness steady growth in consumption of furan resins, owing to growth in consumption across a variety of applications and increasing preference for ecofriendly products based on furan resins. MEA region is also projected to expand with a significant CAGR over the forecast period.
Furan Resin Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the global Furan Resin Market identified across the value chain include:
- The Chemical Company
- Nova Molecular technologies
- DynaChem Inc.
- The Chemical Company
- Hongye Chemical Co. Ltd
- Penn A Kem LLC.
- Continetal Industries Group Inc.
- Shenzhen Shu Hang Industrial Development Co. Ltd.
- NeuChem Inc.
- SweetLake Chemical Ltd.
- Sweet Lake Chemical Ltd.
- International Process Plants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Furan Resin Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Furan Resin Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the furan resin market can be segmented as:
- Furfuryl Alchol Resin
- Furfural Resin
- Bran Ketone Resin
- Branone Formaldehyde Resin
On the basis of application, the furan resin market can be segmented as:
- Paints & Plastics
- Foundry Industry
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Furan Resin Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Furan Resin Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Furan Resin Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Furan Resin Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.