This Genetically Modified Foods market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Genetically Modified Foods market.
Genetically modified foods are food derived from organisms, plants, or animals whose genetic structure has been altered so that it doesn’t seem natural. For instance, the introduction of another genetic material from another organism of the same species is called a genetic modification. If the organism is edible, then it becomes genetically modified food. The new organism with a modified genetic structure has a better characteristic that the unmodified one since it becomes more adaptable to conditions in which the unmodified species isn’t. When they are prepared as food, they have better properties such as high nutritional value, longer shelf life, sweet flavor, and better texture. These properties are major factors fueling the growth of the global genetically modified food, and this is expected to continue over the foreseeable period. The cost-effectiveness of genetically modified foods is expected to facilitate the growth of the market during the forecast period. However, the unusual taste associated with genetically modified food as compared with non genetically modified food is a strong factor that might restrain the market’s growth over the forecast period.
Genetically Modified Foods Market Growth Driven by Growing Consumers’ Demand for Healthy Food Products
Genetically modified foods have many health benefits attributed to consumption. Unlike non genetically modified food, genetically modified food does not cause cancer; neither does it cause gastrointestinal discomfort. The genetic structure of modified food products is such that it doesn’t affect the health of humans. The alteration is carried out to enhance nutritional value, enhance food taste, and prevent allergic to some food products. These attributes are what is driving the market forward over the years, and this is expected to continues even after the forecast period. Besides, government stringent regulations on the usage of pesticides or harmful toxic substance in farm products is another factor slated to drive the market forward since most pesticides often remain on plants as residue and this has adverse effect on the health of humans
Manufacturers Focusing on Innovative Products
Since genetically modified food can be used in the production of various food products, this has given it an edge in the global market. Genetically modified food is used in the beverage industry, food processing industry, and many others. The diversity in the application in the food and beverage industry is a significant factor expected to promote the growth of the genetically modified food market during the forecast period and aftermath.
Genetically Modified Foods Market Restraints
Government stringent rules on the consumption of genetically modified food or crops are a strong force hampering the growth of the market. For instance, there are three agencies in the US, such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the United States Department of Agriculture, and the Food and Drug Administration, regulating the transgenic crop based on different perspectives. Each key player in the industry has confirmed its genetically modified crop from each body.
Genetically Modified Foods Market: Region-wise Analysis
North America is the largest market for global genetically modified foods in terms of revenue, and it’s expected to remain in dominance over the foreseeable period. The Asia Pacific is slated to record a healthy CAGR with countries like China and India acting as growth drivers. Increasing disposable income, coupled with the growing population size of individuals requesting for genetically modified food are factors fueling the growth of the industry within the region.
Genetically Modified Food Market: Competitive Analysis
- Monsanto US
- DuPont US
- Syngenta Switzerland
- Bayer Crop Science Germany
- Sakata Japan
- BASF Gmbh
- Group Limagrain France to name a few.
The market is highly competitive with major players focusing on merging with other companies in order to increase their industry to regions where they don’t have foothold.
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Genetically Modified Foods Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Genetically Modified Food Market Segment Analysis
They global genetically modified food market can be segmented on the following basis:
- Herbicide Tolerance (HT)
- Insecticide Resistance (IR)
- Stacked Traits (ST)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Genetically Modified Foods Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Genetically Modified Foods Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Genetically Modified Foods Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Genetically Modified Foods Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)