This Multifunctional Food Ingredients market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Multifunctional Food Ingredients market.
Food ingredients are used in food manufacturing industry to get desired product quality. Multifunctional food ingredients is defined as, ingredients which are used to replace gums, gluten, fats and other expensive ingredients. These ingredients ensures food safety and enhances shelf life, increases product yield, maintains taste, texture and appearance. In meat and poultry industry, multifunctional ingredients are used to provide safety of production during storage, to increase firmness of products, and also provide optimum indicators of rheological and thermodynamic characteristics, it helps to achieve the improved consistence and moisture holding ability of finished goods. Oat derived multifunctional ingredients are used in bakery products to extend shelf life as it hinders the moisture migration. It also helps to improves volume and yield, enhances texture and improves nutritional value of finished products. Multifunctional food ingredient are also derived from food grade yeast and it is used to improve the flavour of fat reduced salad dressings which are pourable and this addition reduces the acid bite of added vinegar. The addition yeast extract results in a smoother and balanced flavour. Addition of multifunctional ingredient does not increases viscosity.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market: Segmentation
Multifunctional food ingredients are segmented on the basis of ingredient type, applications and region. On the basis of ingredient type, multifunctional food ingredients market is segmented as flavours and emulsions, yeast extracts, oat extracts, bulking agents, fibers, hydrocolloids, and others (dairy powders). Among these segments hydrocolloids is expected to grow during forecast period. Multifunctional fibers are made from fruits and vegetable peal and pulp are used to replace expensive ingredients such as eggs, oil and pectin. With increasing application of bulking agents, this segment is expected to show fastest growth in near future. Multifunctional food ingredients market is segmented on the basis of application type, includes dairy product, bakery and confectionery products, meat and poultry, dessert and toppings, and processed food products. Among these segments meat and poultry represents the mature market and expected to be dominant during forecast period. Multifunctional food ingredients are used in confectionery products to increase flavor intensity and taste enhancement and it ensures product stability during shelf life. Multifunctional flaxseed ingredients are used as gum replacer in cereal products such as tortillas, gluten-free products, pizza crusts, sheeted dough, batters and breads.
Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market: Region-wise Outlook
Multifunctional food ingredients market is segmented on the basis of region includes North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East and Africa. North America and Europe are established markets for multifunctional food ingredients. With increasing demands for processed food and ready-to-eat products, multifunctional food ingredients market is expected to register healthy CAGR during forecast period.
Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market: Drivers
Consumers demand for clean label products and natural ingredients are major drivers for multifunctional food ingredient market. As companies are launching new ingredient blends with all natural ingredients which can be used to improve product quality without processing loss. In early 2015, Corbian launched new range of multifunctional food ingredients for meat and poultry products. Many companies are launching new products to fulfill the different gender specific requirements. For instance, in 2015 NutraGenesis LLC launched functional ingredient called Sensara which can be used in foods and beverages and it provides wellness benefits to nourish and protect a woman’s mind and body. Marine sources are used as a raw material for multifunctional food ingredients, algae is most commonly used because of its oil content, fiber content and the small particle size. Algal flour acts as multifunctional food ingredients and it can be used in bakery products such as breads, dough products, dressing, sauces and nutritional beverages.
Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market: Key Players
The key international players operating in multifunctional food ingredients market includes AlgaVia, Arla Foods Ingredients, Ashland Inc., Butter Buds Inc., E & R Food Ingredients B.V., Florida Food, Inc., Fiberstar, Inc., Z Trim Holdings, Inc., NutraGenesis LLC., Glanbia Nutritionals, Solazyme and many others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Segments
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2014
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Players Competition & Companies involved
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Technology
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Value Chain
- Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Multifunctional Food Ingredients Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for yorker spouts market
- Competitive landscape for yorker spouts market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint