In the race to address growing demand for low or sugar-free claims, manufacturers in the food industry are facing a surplus demand for nutritive sweeteners, in turn driving the growth of the nutritive sweetener market. Amid the growing uncertainty regarding the health benefits of the artificial sweeteners, demand for nutritive sweetener continue to rise against the backdrop of growing emphasis on natural ingredients and awareness regarding sugar consumption in moderation, thereby driving the growth of the nutritive sweetener market. In addition, identification of sugar alcohols or nutritive sweeteners in regulating the metabolism of a diabetic person and lowering blood sugar responses has propelled the growth of the nutritive sweetener market.
Although preference for low or no-calorie food is increasing, manufacturers in the F&B industry are facing challenges owing to sugars’ indispensable role in developing food texture and flavor. This, in turn, is driving the growth of the nutritive sweetener market. Multiple applications of nutritive sweeteners have led to the availability of nutritive sweeteners through indirect or direct sales channels as well as through e-retailers in the nutritive sweetener market. However, increasing demand for low calorie or zero calorie sweeteners and growing availability and preference for non-nutritive sweeteners are expected to confine the adoption of nutritive sweeteners in the nutritive sweetener market.
Market Outlook of Nutritive Sweetener
Nutritive sweeteners are caloric sweeteners or sugars which offers energy in the form of carbohydrates. Nutritive sweeteners are present naturally in fresh fruits, however, have a dominant presence in most of the processed foods. Many of the sugar intakes come from the “added sugar” i.e. sugar added during processing or prior to consumption. Nutritive sweeteners are used to improve the texture, increase the shelf life and enhance the flavor of the product. While non-nutritive sweeteners market is currently witnessing robust growth in the developed cluster of countries, nutritive sweeteners are witnessing surging demand in the developing economies and economies in transition as the increasing per capita expenditure on processed food and high product availability of popular food and beverage brands in the retail channels attributed to globalization which is primarily driving the growth of nutritive sweeteners market over the forecast period.
Nutritive sweeteners include sucrose (which is found in raw sugar, cane sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar and table sugar, fructose which is also known as fruit sugar, corn sugar (type of sugar derived from corn starch), High Fructose Corn Syrup (usually added in beverages such as sodas and soft drinks), honey (composed of 40% fructose and 35% of glucose) and agave. Although, nutritive sweeteners have been associated with plethora lifestyle associated diseases but only when consumed excessively. Consumers are changing their approach for the healthier product, instead of looking only for functional ingredients, they’re emphasizing more on natural products. In addition, consumers are unwilling to compromise on taste and are following holistic approach (i.e. consuming everything in moderation) towards their health which is anticipated to drive the market nutritive sweeteners market during the forecast period.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Increased consumer spending on food products is substantially fuelling the growth of the overall food industry. With urbanization, the processed food market is expected to witness significant growth in the near future especially in the untapped market of developing countries. As shown in the below graph:
there is a rapid increase in uban population especially in the developing countries such as India, as shown in the graph below. Urbanization is a direct result of increasing working population, which has resulted in the hectic lifestyle, hence more and more people are opting processed foods to save time. Thus, many international brands of food & beverage products brands and quick are entering or expanding their operations in these price conscious untapped market. Nutritive sweetener is a major ingredient for a majority of these products and attributed to these factors it is anticipated to have robust growth over the forecast period.
Global Nutritive Sweetener Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Nutritive Sweetener market are Tate & Lyle, Cargill Inc., Showa Sangyo, Japan Corn Starch Co., COFCO International, Kerry Group Plc, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Bannari Amman Group, Bajaj Hindusthan Ltd., Tereos SA, Wilmar International Limited, among other Nutritive Sweetener players
Key Product Development of Nutritive Sweetener Market
- In July 2017, Tate & Lyle, which is U.K. based international agribusiness, launched a new range of brown & golden cane sugars. The range consists of five products, including two organic variants. The objective was to expand their product portfolio.
- In July 2017, Raízen Energia S.A., which is a Brazil-based energy company, acquired two sugar mills from Tonon Bioenergia SA, a cultivator, and processor of sugarcane. The objective was to expand its sugar manufacturing business.
Brief Approach to Research on Nutritive Sweetener Market
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report -
Some of the key data points covered in our report on include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major participants in market
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Nutritive Sweetener: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global Nutritive Sweetener market has been segmented as –
- Organic Nutritive Sweetener
- Conventional Nutritive Sweetener
On the basis of product type, the global Nutritive Sweetener market has been segmented as –
- Corn Sugar
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
On the basis of End Use, the global Nutritive Sweetener market has been segmented as –
- Food Processing
- Dietary Supplements
- Dairy Products
- Ice Cream and Desserts
- Flavored Milk
On the basis of Distribution Channel, the global Nutritive Sweetener market has been segmented as –
- Direct sales of Nutritive Sweetener
- Indirect sales of Nutritive Sweetener
- Store based Retailing
- Convenience Store
- Discount Store
- Food and Drink Specialty Store
- Independent Small Grocery
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.