This Fermented Sweeteners market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fermented Sweeteners market.
Fermented Sweeteners Market Outlook
Nowadays, sugar-free food products are garnering attention in developed countries due to their low-calorie content, and the sweeteners that facilitate their production are the most noticeable ingredients in the food industry. Thus, various food ingredient manufacturers are using fermented sweeteners with low-calorie content instead of high-calorie sugar. Numerous scientific researches have proved the safety of low-calorie sweeteners used in the food industry in the U.S., namely acesulfame K, neotame, sucralose, saccharin, and aspartame. Fermented sweeteners offer excellent taste with better sweetness intensity, enhanced sweetness quality without the off-note bitterness aftertaste, which is common with other sweeteners. Low-calorie fermented sweeteners help in weight management. Obesity is a growing problem globally and the most severe problem among small children. According to an independent study published in the Journal of Pediatrics, there is a substantial increase in the severe obesity among children aging 2 to 5 years. The survey from 1999 to 2016 among 3,000 children showed that the obesity rate among kids aged 2 to 5 years rose from 9% to 14% in 2016.
Fermented Sweeteners Market: Reasons for Covering This Title
Nowadays, consumers are demanding naturally-sourced plant-based food ingredients and non-GMO products, owing to their health benefits and the rise in consumer spending on food products, which is fuelling the growth of the food industry. The increasing prevalence of obesity and diabetes among the population and the intensifying demand for fortified products and packaged foods along with the growing demand for re-formulated products with low-calorie fermented sweeteners are some of the leading factors for companies in fermented sweeteners market to focus on. However, currently, the setup cost of a fermentation-based production facility is higher than increasing new farming area with similar stevia production capacity in developing countries, such as India, Africa, and other countries in Asia, may hamper the growth of the fermented sweeteners market.
Market Growth of Fermented Sweeteners Market by Product Type, 2017
Global Fermented Sweeteners Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players operating in the global fermented sweeteners market are Koninklijke DSM N.V., Evolva Holding Company, PureCircle Ltd., Ingredion Incorporated, Cargill Inc., Sweet Green Fields LLC, Holland Sweetener Company, Ajinomoto Co., Inc., T. Hasegawa USA, The Truvía Company LLC, The Archer Daniels Midland Company, GLG Life Tech Corporation, Kerry Group, Senomyx, Inc., E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Sweet Additions LLC, FlavorHealth, Changzhou Niutang Chemical Plant Co., Ltd., HYET Sweet B.V., Florida Crystals Corporation, and others.
Region-Wise Market Presence of Key Manufacturers in Global Fermented Sweeteners Market
Manufacturers are drastically shifting from the reduction of sugar to fermented sweeteners for formulations. The rise in demand for plant-based ingredients, growth in the food and beverages industry, and improvement in the fermented sweeteners extraction process are some of the leading factors driving the growth of the global fermented sweeteners market. Moreover, there is keen interest and competition among prominent players to commercialize fermented sweeteners based on steviol glycosides, owing to the widespread adoption of stevia as well as the ease of obtaining regulatory approval due to its natural origin which provides an incentive to allow manufacturers to include “all-natural” claims to their products.
Fermented Sweeteners Market Key Developments
In 2018, Evolva Holding Company, in partnership with Cargill Inc., planned to introduce the novel fermented steviol glycosides ‘EverSweet’, a hotly-anticipated next generation Reb B and Reb M sweetener, to expand its presence in the next-generation stevia market
In 2017, Koninklijke DSM N.V. focused on receiving government approval to sell fermented sweeteners ‘stevia glycosides’ in the European market. Through fermented stevia, the company will develop a sweetener using best-tasting molecules without any metallic and bitter aftertaste and allow food and beverage companies to reduce sugar in their food ingredient formulations. This will also strengthen the company’s market position by providing sustainable, consistent, excellent tasting, and cost-effective fermented sweeteners. Koninklijke DSM N.V. is the first company to seek European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) approval
In 2016, Evolva Holding Company was recognized with a European patent for its novel technique for developing fermentative stevia. Since 2013, the company was working with Cargill Inc. on the fermented stevia ‘EverSweet’
Opportunities for Fermented Sweeteners Market Participants
Companies are focusing on receiving government approvals, such as EFSA and FDA approvals, to enter into new markets and on developing new production processes to bring down production costs. This, coupled with the rising demand for GMO-free products, is estimated to provide a surge in revenue and drive the fermented sweeteners market at a rapid growth rate over the forecast period. Additionally, expanding research and development activities, rise in the demand for low calorie natural sweeteners, increasing health concerns among people, and new product development, such as fermented steviol glycosides, are some of the other factors fueling the growth of the fermented sweeteners market.
Brief Approach to Research
Our company will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the type, application, and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the fermented sweeteners market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the fermented sweeteners market and its potential
- Market dynamics impacting the fermented sweeteners market, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the fermented sweeteners market
- Cost structure of fermented sweeteners and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major fermented sweeteners market participants
- Analysis of fermented sweeteners supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the fermented sweeteners market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the fermented sweeteners market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fermented Sweeteners Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Fermented Sweeteners: Market Segmentation
On the basis of the product type, the global fermented sweeteners market can be segmented as:
- Natural Sweeteners
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Sugar
- Agave Nectar
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Nutritive Sweeteners
- Non-nutritive Sweeteners
On the basis of the source, the global fermented sweeteners market can be segmented as:
On the basis of the application, the global fermented sweeteners market can be segmented as:
- Food & Beverages
- Bakery Goods
- Sweet Spreads
- Confectionery and Chewing Gums
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Fermented Sweeteners Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Fermented Sweeteners Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Fermented Sweeteners Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Fermented Sweeteners Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)