This Organic Ice Cream market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Organic Ice Cream market.
Organic Ice Cream – The Next ‘Healthy’ Frozen Dessert
Sales of certified organic ice cream represent relatively low share of the total ice cream sales across the globe. However, demand for organic ice cream is growing at a strong pace as compared to their conventional counterparts. The trend of improving nutrition credentials in dairy products by adopting natural and organic ingredients has been uplifting the organic ice cream market size. For ice cream to be deemed ‘organic’, it needs to meet a number of stipulations. Primary ingredients such as organic milk and cream must come from cows that are not given any antibiotics or growth hormones such as rBST. In addition, these cows are fed organic food and their grazing areas are maintained without any pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
In recent years, consumers, when considering ‘health and wellness’, are taking holistic perspective by weighing more products attributes and qualitative product claims. As consumers purchase decisions and shopping behavior continue to undergo significant changes, manufacturers are finding ways to align with newer trends. The result has led to increasing sales of organic ice cream. The organic ice cream is far from becoming a mass product. However, growing concerns of animal welfare issues in the dairy industry and consumers’ inquisitiveness about foods and their sourcing are expected to push the demand in years ahead.
Health- and Eco-conscious Generation Impacts Organic Ice Cream Consumption
As the wave of health consciousness among today’s consumers has inundated the dairy industry with nutritious products, the organic ice cream market is projected to acquire unique position in this space. In recent past, organic products have captured significant consumer attention for their ‘healthy’ status – leading to increasing demand for organic ingredients in routinely consumed foods as well as in snacks and desserts.
Apart from organic milk powder and cream, other ingredients used in organic ice cream must be organic – from flavors and colors to emulsifiers, binders, and stabilizers. As the organic ice cream market is highly dependent on consumer preferences and choices, manufacturers are focusing on playing with flavors and ingredients such as organic fruit powder and organic cocoa. These manufacturers are also making use of biological ingredients such as organic guar gum that help promote the conservation of biodiversity, and in turn, gain consumer trust and interest. In addition, as scientific evidence shows that artificial sweeteners used in conventional ice cream and other products raise the risk of obesity and related diseases, market players are choosing to use organic sugarcane.
Developed Markets Take the Center Stage
North America is expected to offer greater opportunities for market stakeholders, due to significant upsurge in sale of organic food in the region, especially in the U.S. Notable increase in the adoption of organic ice cream for preparing shakes, smoothies, and sorbets is projected to influence product penetration in North America and Europe. Consumption of take home organic drinks and organic ice cream along with rising preferences for homemade ice cream with organic ingredients is marking prominent trends in the European organic ice cream market. In Asia Pacific, especially in developing countries such as China and India, premium ice creams such as artisanal organic ice cream are gaining increasing momentum, amid spike in disposable incomes and more number of consumers willing to spend on high quality products.
Take Home Organic Ice Cream Leading, Consumers Lean on ‘Fat Free’
As consumers are making ethical choices on food, drinks, and other aspects of daily life including waste, energy, and packaging, the organic ice cream market is set to reach new heights in near future. While relatively high sales of take home organic ice cream continue to influence the growth strategies, manufacturers are focusing on increasing the production of impulse organic ice cream to target a large segment of consumers. Additionally, rising health consciousness along with demand for less fat or fat free frozen desserts has led to shift from factory-made to artisanal ice cream, which remains a key focus area of the market players. Rising aversion of consumers towards conventional ice cream with high fat content has further resulted in increased demand for reduced fat and fat free organic ice cream.
Expansion of consumer base continues to be a growth influencing factor of the organic ice cream market. Manufacturers are thus focusing on strengthening the sales of their products by increasing investments in retail distribution network. Overall sales of organic ice cream through modern trade channel such as supermarkets and hypermarkets are on the rise and the trend is set to continue, especially in developed countries. Moreover, interest of these supermarkets in stocking a range of organic products is projected to push the sales of organic ice cream. Independent retailers and specialty stores are set for ‘natural’ packaging of organic ice cream to attract health- and eco-conscious consumers – a key to gaining distinct competitive edge.
Keys to Win in Organic Ice Cream Market
Key players operating in the organic ice cream market are Straus Family Creamery, Inc., Roskilly Co., Boulder Homemade, Inc., Organic Meadow Inc., Stonyfield Farm Inc., Marshfield Farm Ice Cream, and Blue Marble Ice Cream. Despite its ‘high-quality’ status, organic ice cream is over 60% more expensive than conventional ice creams, which limits its penetration in price sensitive countries. Significant challenges in raising and breeding organic cows for milk and cream are further expected to represent a threat to the organic ice cream market growth. Manufacturers are focusing on strengthening their collaboration with organic dairy farms to increase their production. For instance, in September 2019, Straus Family Creamery announced three new farms as independent organic milk suppliers to the Straus brand. In March 2019, company also introduced three new organic ice cream flavors – Chai Latte, Maple Cream, and Vanilla Fudge Swirl.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Organic Ice Cream Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Organic Ice Cream Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to organic ice cream market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Organic Ice Cream Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Organic Ice Cream
- Value Chain Analysis of the Organic Ice Cream market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on organic ice cream market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Organic Ice Cream Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Organic Ice Cream Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Organic Ice Cream Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Organic Ice Cream Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Organic Ice Cream Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)