Global Organic Yeast: Market Outlook
The organic products in the bakery industry are most popular in Europe and Asia particularly in India followed by the rest of the countries in the world. Organic foods are those that are produced without fertilizer, pesticides, antibiotics, herbicides or ionizing radiation.
Production of organic yeast is similarly environmentally friendly without harsh acids, bases like sodium hydroxide, synthetic vitamin, ammonia, anti-forming agents which are required in conventional yeast production. Organic yeast is grown by fermentation on substrates extracted from organic agriculture.
Inorganic yeast production, organic plant derived ingredients such as cereals, molasses or leguminous crops are used. Thus with certified organic yeast production, raw material utilized is 100% organic. This proves beneficial for the entire organic supply chain.
he Positive Changes in the Regulatory Framework Is Supporting The Growth Of Organic Yeast Market
Organic products are becoming main stream in the food and beverage industry. Initially when the National Organic Program was formulated, it was not considered feasible for the yeast to be made organically so it was classified as a non-agricultural food substance. Due to this yeast was added to the National List of allowed and prohibited substances for foods labeled as organic.
In 2010, the National organic standards Board included that yeast used for human consumption as organic. This regulatory framework mostly designed and nourished the organic yeast market. Adding to this consumer's rising demand for an organic product is upholding the organic yeast market.
Global Organic Yeast Market: Key Players
Some of the key market players in the global organic yeast market are NOW Foods, Lallemand, Lesaffre, Solgar Inc., Frontier Natural Products, Ohly, Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, Imperial Yeast, Martin Braun-Gruppe, Rapunzel Naturkost GmbH, Marroquin Organic International and others.
- In 2018, RED STAR launched the first organic instant yeast certified by USDA. This product is further claimed to be dairy-free and vegan which adds up to its attractiveness.
- In 2019, Nexira has introduced its new product launch named Immunell™ which is prebiotic fiber. This natural and safe ingredient is derived from organic yeast extracts(Saccharomyces cerevisiae) which contains 60%
Global Organic Yeast Market: Drivers and Opportunities
A survey report of British Soil Association of 2014 stated the major reasons for consumers preferring organic products- considered to be more natural and unprocessed, eco-friendly, claimed to be tastier and many more. This trend and belief have collectively amplified the organic yeast market. The rising urbanization, education and level of income have further boosted up the organic yeast market.
The wider applications provided by the yeast have provided immense opportunity for the growth of organic yeast market especially in the bakery industry. To cater to the rising demand of consumers many retailers have introduced a private label line of organic yeast and manufacturers continue to introduce a large number of organic products. The recommendation for eating healthy food by the official nutritionist is encouraging consumers for buying organic yeast-based products to maintain their fitness level.
One of the most important applications of yeast occurs in the biomass production of single-cell protein. This generates future opportunities for the organic yeast market to replace the conventional yeast to provide more nutritional benefits. However, the production cost of organic yeast is comparatively higher than conventional yeast production which may restrict the growth of the organic yeast market.
Regionally North America and Europe covers the majority part of the organic yeast market owing to the presence of a large number of the manufacturer in these regions. With the rising trend of organic products and increased spending of healthy food products, the organic yeast market is expected to witness a huge spike in the Asia Pacific.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Organic yeast market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, form and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Organic yeast Market Segment
- Organic yeast Market Dynamics
- Organic yeast Market Size
- Organic yeast Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Organic yeast Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Organic yeast Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Organic yeast
- Value Chain Analysis of the Organic yeast Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Organic Yeast Market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type:-
- Nutritional yeast
- Brewer yeast
On the basis of form:-
On the basis of End use:-
- Food & beverage
- Bakery industry
- Brewing industry
- Animal Feed
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for Organic yeast market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.