PET Containers Market: Significance
PET containers are one of the economical packaging solutions for packaging of carbonated soft drinks, bottled water, edible oil, and other personal care & household products among its counterparts. Burgeoning consumption of the ready-to-consume products has propelled the demand for PET containers in the market. The key technologies used for the manufacturing of PET containers are stretch blow molding and injection blow molding.
PET Containers Market: Evolution
PET containers were first introduced in the market during the 1960s. Initially, PET containers were costly, and were single use containers only. However, PET containers market gained traction due to subsequent knowledge regarding their features and benefits over their counterparts such as glass and metal containers. Costs swiftly dropped as the containers became widely used which led the PET containers market to grow at a fast pace, and now became the most preferred choice of packaging manufacturers. PET containers are widely adopted for packaging of several products such as beverages, chemical & petrochemicals, pharmaceutical, household & personal care products etc.
PET Containers Market – Dynamics
The reason for high preference for PET containers is due to the several benefits offered by them, which includes features such as light weight, recyclable, sustainable etc. Consumer preference is towards cost-effective packaging solutions along with convenient and environmental friendly products.
Massive shift in preference from glass containers to PET containers
- In May 2010, Marks & Spencer made a large scale transition from glass to PET bottles for packaging of wine to meet consumer demands without affecting the environment.
- SunPat peanut butter, switched its butter packaging to PET packaging. Premium packaging manufacturers are also switching from glass packaging to PET packaging.
Despite the positive outlook, there are some factors that might hamper the growth of PET containers market. Widespread environmental concerns over the use of plastic bottles has slightly impacted the demand for PET bottles in most of the countries. Plastics take too much time to breakdown and do not biodegrade in landfills easily. Further, containers that contain hazardous materials might cause pollution if are not disposed of, properly.
Comparison between HDPE and PET
The PET bottles are mostly used in beverage packaging due to several features such as no harm to the content, convenient, and content visibility.
PET Containers: Production Process
PET Containers Market - Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global market for PET containers is divided into seven key regions - North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Japan.
PET Containers Market - Key Players
- Amcor Ltd.
- Aaron Packaging Inc.
- Sonoco Products Company
- Berry Global Inc.
- Alpha Packaging Inc.
- Gerresheimer AG
- GTX HANEX Plastic Sp. z o.o.
- Koksan AS
- Graham Packaging Company
- Indorama Ventures Public Co., Ltd.
- Mpact Limited
- Taiwan Hon Chuan Enterprises Co., Ltd.
- PDG Plastiques
- Esterform Packaging Limited
- ALPLA Werke Alwin Lehner GmbH & Co KG
- Resilux NV
- RETAL Industries Ltd.
- C&G Packaging
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
PET Containers Market - Segmentation
The global market for PET containers is segmented on the basis of container type, technology type, and end-use.
On the basis of container type, the PET containers market is segmented as:
- Trays, Bowls & Cups
- Other containers
On the basis of technology type, the PET containers market is segmented as:
- Stretch Blow Molding
- Injection Molding
- Extrusion Blow Molding
- Other technology
On the basis of end use industry, the PET containers market is segmented as:
- Bottled Water
- Carbonated Drinks
- Sports Drinks
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Home care and Personal care
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Electrical & Electronics
- Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- Other end use industry
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.